Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

During a virtual workshop after the meeting, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to fire Boganey out of fear of potential reprisals from protestors if she did not, according to the newspaper."He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," Lawrence-Anderson said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."
    Highlighted in yellow to reflect her courage.

So, we're at mob rule now? No due process? Protestor feelings override rights?
    Duly noted.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    And the irony is that they've set themselves up to write a check to not only Wright's family, but the officer also. And the city will still burn.

But as is typical with most city management and police departments..."Operation Kneejerk is a go!".

edit to add: I may have misread the story...have they fired the officer yet, or just the City Manager for mentioning Due Process?
    City managers don't have union-paid lawyers to represent them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, it was a 25 year veteran on FTO duty that shot the suspect. Am I wrong in thinking she shouldn’t have attempted to taze the suspect while another officer was wrestling him inside of the vehicle?

https://apple.news/AM9DxZ0e0Q0CTMMkTynkJtw
    There was enough room. The "taser, taser, taser" means get out of the way, which the officer did.

https://ccxmedia.org/news/brooklyn-c...r-immediately/

The city council also passed a resolution banning crowd control tactics like rubber bullets, tear gas, and a tactic known as “kettling” or police lines to corral protestors. The resolution also included choke holds.

“I definitely think peaceful protestors should not be tear-gassed,” said council member April Graves.

The council also approved a resolution to address security for city council members.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    The city council also passed a resolution banning crowd control tactics like rubber bullets, tear gas, and a tactic known as “kettling” or police lines to corral protestors. The resolution also included choke holds.

“I definitely think peaceful protestors should not be tear-gassed,” said council member April Graves.

The council also approved a resolution to address security for city council members.

Really?!? That's a total lack of self-awareness, right there.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    There was enough room. The "taser, taser, taser" means get out of the way, which the officer did.
    Copy, learning occurred for me
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Copy, learning occurred for me
    Or maybe he was running for his life because his partner was waving a pistol around. Could be either, I guess.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Really?!? That's a total lack of self-awareness, right there.

They are corrupt thugs, they care nothing about doing what is morally just and right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    We may see policy shifts dictating what is probable cause to make traffic stops. The reason will be to limit interaction with persons who might resist. We may see directives not to arrest those with outstanding warrants. Instead, officers will direct these persons to surrender themselves. In some cases, special ops officers might attempt to arrest them at their residence. Is it a coincidence that most who resist arrest are from the same demographic group? As defunding takes place, training money will dry up too, but that is an obvious statement. My wife who is reactionary predicted that the current trend, if it continues, will disarm police. Supervisors might carry weapons but not the rank and file. I had not thought of this. Maybe cattle prods will come back. They did work.
    Probable cause to make the stop was not an issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Or maybe he was running for his life because his partner was waving a pistol around. Could be either, I guess.
    I'll admit, I laughed at this. I shouldn't have, but I thought it was funny.

I got the impression this is one of those instances where deployment of a Taser is preferable to hands on fighting inside a car. If only she'd actually deployed a Taser, well then we wouldn't be talking about this shit show.

___

Also...for folks who are commenting on, "What do we have mob rule now?"

I'll remind you to think carefully, because folks around here have wanted politicians to be 'scared of the people' for years, RE: 2nd Amendment rights.

You got your wish, the politicians are scared of the people...

User Tag List