Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think what bothers me about this is that there have been multiple other cases of officers confusing a handgun with a Taser, with results like this.

Sometimes unforeseen stuff happens. Other times, it's happened before and nobody took heed and changed stuff so it didn't happen to them.

Of course I have the most sympathy for the family of the guy who died, but I also feel really bad for that officer.
    There are generally specific policies and training to try to ensure this type of mistaken tool deployments don’t happen.

It’s not just law enforcement but other professions too. Just off the top of my head how many times are surgical tools or bandages left inside a patient despite a knowledge of it happening many times before and specific protocols involving counting of tools/bandages. Or a mechanic that doesn’t tighten the lug nuts on a wheel(s) and letting the customer drive off.

Sadly humans are going to human sometimes and make mistakes despite policy and training. Sadly mistakes like this one involve serious physical injury and death.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s fairly mystifying why he wanted to run when pulled over for expired tags.

Attachment 70068

Attachment 70069
    Hey wait! That's not the still picture on the news...

My sympathy to the family, the cops and the NG that are now dealing with this, the countless innocent citizens who are and will be negatively (financially and physically) effected and of course the officer who made the fatal error...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s fairly mystifying why he wanted to run when pulled over for expired tags.

Attachment 70068

Attachment 70069

Imagine, that crappy John Lennon song.

Imagine a world where the society put the majority of the blame on this guy for being a criminal dirt bag who EARNED the results of his lifestyle.

Imagine the officer being held appropriately responsible and treated legally appropriate. Which may or may not include jail. Not enough is known yet.

Imagine cops having regular training on situations like this. Screw up in training to lessen the screw ups later.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I think she just holstered quickly.
    I thought she tossed it. If she holstered it that fast it's amazing she didn't have ND #2.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Next there will be protest over store permanently closing.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Next there will be protest over store permanently closing.
    Damn those food deserts.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    There are generally specific policies and training to try to ensure this type of mistaken tool deployments don’t happen.

Sadly humans are going to human sometimes and make mistakes despite policy and training. Sadly mistakes like this one involve serious physical injury and death.
    I wonder if this is a situation where a hardware solution might help to solve the problem? Ie not having a lethal and non-lethal tool on the person that are drawn and activated in essentially the same manner, since humans are going to human.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    What would you feel worse about, mistaking for the tazer and unintentionally killing a perp resisting, or the shit storm that the error propagated?

Tragic.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    More recently a 73 year old millionaire reserve deputy:
    https://ktul.com/news/local/former-r...the-first-time
    Eh.. there were a lot of other issues there. He was a wealthy dude who did a lot of fund raising and donating to the sheriff's office and got a reserve commission to play cop without being forced to actually attend training. As I recall a bunch of his training had been falsified / pencil whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Eh.. there were a lot of other issues there. He was a wealthy dude who did a lot of fund raising and donating to the sheriff's office and got a reserve commission to play cop without being forced to actually attend training. As I recall a bunch of his training had been falsified / pencil whipped.
    Yup, he never should have been in that situation playing cop.
    #RESIST

User Tag List