Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Here’s a great article by Force Science about slip and capture errors. Note the numerous occupations in the article that are prone to them.

https://www.forcescience.org/2021/04...pon-confusion/
    I'm aware of at least two plane crashes that were due to the pilots reacting to an engine failure by shutting down the one and only functioning engine by mistake.

Plenty of people in my profession have removed the wrong kidney/limb/etc not out of malice but simple error.

Good article.

Hammertime
    News stories today say Wright’s arrest warrant was for a misdemeanor but fail to list the misdemeanor as “armed robbery and battery”. It’s kind of infuriating if the above links to his alleged crime are correct. How is that not a felony?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So who did I get assigned to...

Yup.

And he was a dick.

(I actually stopped some mope who may or may not have had bad intentions from sneaking in the back of the venue he was speaking at. I turned him over to the USSS agent in charge and returned to my post.)
    As you recall from the pre campaign training “we protect the position, not the person. Someone is attacking the democratic process, it’s bigger than the individual”.

It was actually a good speech. I Worked Trump/Clinton/Sanders at different times during the campaign. Regardless of personal opinions, I was not going to the the guy in the 9th grade history books who let a turd sneak past my post and get off a shot.

And the number of mopes who actually got into places they should not have, and a few who got really close... so much never makes the papers. Oooof. Most were just stupid, some were actually lost, some were baiting you to come go “hands on” while their friends videoed, and rare few were genuinely mental cases that may have ill intent.

Covid screwed me out of the detail this past election. I look forward to one more election before I am mandatory to retire.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

When the Secret Service came to my outfit requesting agents to work a protective detail for presidential candidates in 1988, I jokingly told them I'd do it for anyone but Jesse Jackson.

Yup.

And he was a dick.

(I actually stopped some mope who may or may not have had bad intentions from sneaking in the back of the venue he was speaking at. I turned him over to the USSS agent in charge and returned to my post.)
    He never quite lived up to his promise to carry on in MLK's footsteps. Not a lot of brain power there.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Hammertime
    When the Secret Service came to my outfit requesting agents to work a protective detail for presidential candidates in 1988, I jokingly told them I'd do it for anyone but Jesse Jackson.

Yup.

And he was a dick.

I was required to attend a Rainbow Coalition service as part of a college class in downtown Chicago late 80s. I am pretty sure my attendance had the opposite effect of what the professor intended. Didn’t like the guy before, -really- didn’t care for him or his Coalition after.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I was required to attend a Rainbow Coalition service as part of a college class in downtown Chicago late 80s. I am pretty sure my attendance had the opposite effect of what the professor intended. Didn’t like the guy before, -really- didn’t care for him or his Coalition after.
    The only good thing to come from him was plenty of spoof-worthy quotes and actions that SNL was able to make use of (back when SNL was funny).

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    The only good thing to come from him was plenty of spoof-worthy quotes and actions that SNL was able to make use of (back when SNL was funny).
    Hymietown. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    And when he read "Green Eggs and Ham" on SNL in his best preacher voice. For a second, I thought the guy might have a sense of humor.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    And when he read "Green Eggs and Ham" on SNL in his best preacher voice. For a second, I thought the guy might have a sense of humor.
    I forgot about that! That was simply amazing. I actually thought it was an impersonator well into the sketch.

Yeah, Hymietown endeared him to millions.

Fuck him.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List