Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Haven't we learned post Ferguson that facts no longer matter?
    Facts are so Dragnet Era.

This is 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Only if the revolution is televised.
    I love you man...

I never get tired of Gil Scott Heron

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Haven't we learned post Ferguson that facts no longer matter?
    I was just answering a question that I wasn't sure wasn't rhetorical.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I was just answering a question that I wasn't sure wasn't rhetorical.
    I wasn't calling you out, bro, it was simply an opportunity to get that card on the table.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm honestly confused. Because due process is a legal term that doesn't apply to firing someone.

Do you mean process in the general sense or legitimately Constitutional Due Process?
    Due process can also apply to a firing if the government employee has a property interest in his job.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't calling you out, bro, it was simply an opportunity to get that card on the table.
    No worries Blues.

I'm in non confrontation mode since my pointless kerfuffle on Nextdoor
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Process in a general sense; the opposite of purely arbitrary ("Because I said so") decisions.
    Okay, that's what I thought.

I get where you're coming from in regards to this.

Part of me just sees this as damage control. I'm never surprised when people are fired over things like this anymore.

I get where you're coming from, "Shouldn't we wait until the facts are in, before acting?" - Totally with you, data driven as opposed to emotionally driven policy.

___

The point I was making earlier - that I wasn't directing at anyone in particular. I just found it funny, because some folks here have some cognitive dissonance regarding mob rule and anarchy.

When the mob is mad about a citizen being wrongfully shot by a police officer, i.e. a violation of that citizen's rights, the politicians who cave to the mob are wrong.

When the mob is mad about violation of a citizen's rights (gun laws) and the politicians don't cave to the mob, then the politicians who don't cave are wrong.

When is the mob wrong? (This is rhetorical...)

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Even more than Taser shaping and holster locations, the point that was brought up by the video host was the amount of stress the officer felt herself appeared disproportinate to the actual situation.
    A suspect with a history of having guns on him illegally, who dives back into the car after realizing he's about to be placed under arrest, could be up to anything. Could be going to put the car in drive and flee. Or could be going for that weapon to practice the Mozambique drill on the officer's face.

If you don't remember this particular incident below, it was discussed before in a different thread. Watch it all the way through and you'll see the similarities.

Tulsa shooting of two police officers

I certainly fault her for shooting someone with a lethal weapon when she meant to use a non-lethal.

But was she wrong to be hyped up? That area of operations could very bad for all we know.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 04-13-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The appeasement continues and will not work.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1382036033886425089
    Good lord. I mean, my jaw can only drop so far.

This is the elected Mayor in the city in which this took place, right? So I can only assume that he’s supported by a majority of the local populace. Given that, maybe this community wants to disarm their Police doing felony stops?

I wonder how that’s going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The point I was making earlier - that I wasn't directing at anyone in particular. I just found it funny, because some folks here have some cognitive dissonance regarding mob rule and anarchy.

When the mob is mad about a citizen being wrongfully shot by a police officer, i.e. a violation of that citizen's rights, the politicians who cave to the mob are wrong.

When the mob is mad about violation of a citizen's rights (gun laws) and the politicians don't cave to the mob, then the politicians who don't cave are wrong.

When is the mob wrong? (This is rhetorical...)
    Disagree with both your initial assessment...and your conclusion where you're equating a procedural and judgmental error by an individual with tragic results, i.e. a mistake, with the willful and intentional denial of rights.

Not the same thing.

User Tag List