Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

The chilling firing of the city manager over fear of the mob aside, am I the only one wondering what TF there is in a dollar tree worth looting?

”Justice for Daunte!!”

(Holds up a cheap-ass pair of flip flops, a small bag of colored yarn, a little travel sized bottle of baby shampoo, and a soft drink bottle with an expired date on it)

“No Justice, No peace!”
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is it possible that this particular incident plus past incidents are used to declare that officers having both lethal and non-lethal devices and/or the design of a Taser is failure of both Engineering & Administrative Controls? This being argued by the officers defense team saying that the typical police officer's equipment is inherently flawed and has a history resulting in unintentional death and maiming. The blame belongs upon those who chose to outfit police officers in such a flawed fashion that has been proven to result in unintended human error.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yes, it is possible.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The chilling firing of the city manager over fear of the mob aside, am I the only one wondering what TF there is in a dollar tree worth looting?

”Justice for Daunte!!”

(Holds up a cheap-ass pair of flip flops, a small bag of colored yarn, a little travel sized bottle of baby shampoo, and a soft drink bottle with an expired date on it)

“No Justice, No peace!”
    Some years back, I survived for a time almost exclusively on Dollar tree groceries. Red Baron frozen pizzas, generic branded cereal, and rip-its were a welcome change of pace from ramen.

I'd pick just about anywhere else for an indignant 'protest' shopping spree though.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, it was a 25 year veteran on FTO duty that shot the suspect. Am I wrong in thinking she shouldn’t have attempted to taze the suspect while another officer was wrestling him inside of the vehicle?

https://apple.news/AM9DxZ0e0Q0CTMMkTynkJtw
    That's a real good question.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Some years back, I survived for a time almost exclusively on Dollar tree groceries. Red Baron frozen pizzas, generic branded cereal, and rip-its were a welcome change of pace from ramen.

I'd pick just about anywhere else for an indignant 'protest' shopping spree though.

If I were Burger King I'd want to separate their company from the whole "flame broiled" notion...

Just ask Wendy's in hot 'Lanta.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    And the irony is that they've set themselves up to write a check to not only Wright's family, but the officer also. And the city will still burn.

But as is typical with most city management and police departments..."Operation Kneejerk is a go!".

edit to add: I may have misread the story...have they fired the officer yet, or just the City Manager for mentioning Due Process?
    Last edited by kwb377; 04-13-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Those Red Baron pizzas just hit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Hard to confuse this with a Taser.

That's just plain uncivilized.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I think it was RJ, who a few pages back, summed it up perfectly.. The people In Minnesota are getting the government they voted for.. Sometimes I think that LEO’s in every major city in the country should get the “Blue Flu” all at the same time..for about a week..just so everyone gets a taste of what “defund the police” would really look like..

User Tag List