Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Maybe a high school education? I know that sounds snarky, but, trust me, it ain't. You should learn how our court system works in high school.

A major trouble is that the media try these cases before the trial by seeking out expert witnesses who see the facts their way. Anything for ratings.
    “One of the things taken out of the curriculum was civics. Civics was a class that used to be required before you could graduate from high school. You were taught what was in the U.S. Constitution. And after all the student rebellions in the Sixties, civics was banished from the student curriculum and was replaced by something called social studies. Here we live in a country that has a fabulous constitution and all these guarantees, a contract between the citizens and the government – nobody knows what’s in it…And so, if you don’t know what your rights are, how can you stand up for them? And furthermore, if you don’t know what’s in the document, how can you care if someone is shredding it?”
    -Frank Zappa
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I think it all hinges on the word "consciously." From what I gather, the officer was not conscious of the fact that she drew her gun instead of her taser--huge mistake, but seemingly outside the letter of the law under which she has been charged. I think bringing criminal charges is a waste of resources.

Whatever emotions people have in response to the event have no relevance in the matter. People need to learn to compartmentalize.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Here’s a great article by Force Science about slip and capture errors. Note the numerous occupations in the article that are prone to them.

https://www.forcescience.org/2021/04...pon-confusion/
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021...8641618464710/

"Authorities had no need to use tear gas as they had previously, he said, describing the night as "almost uneventful."

"We are thankful that tonight the anxiety, the tension and the stress seemed to be lower even though emotions are still running high," he said. "My expectation, my hope, my desire is that tomorrow is better than tonight because tonight was better than last night."

Well, hopefully things are heading in the right direction up there. 24 arrested is less than 60 the previous night. Those in the local area, would you say the community is on a path to settle down?

I saw Mr. Crump has been hired already (naturally) and Reverend Al was also up on the microphones yesterday fanning the flames. I don't think that's helping much, but they've never cared too much about the people, just their egos and checking accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I saw Mr. Crump has been hired already (naturally) and Reverend Al was also up on the microphones yesterday fanning the flames. I don't think that's helping much, but they've never cared too much about the people, just their egos and checking accounts.
    Those two exist primarily to make things worse, at least as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Those two exist primarily to make things worse, at least as far as I can tell.

There's several more you can thrown on that pyre.

Sharpton lost his credibility many moons ago with the Tawana Brawley scam and his "Howard Beach" histrionics.

Might as well throw Jesse in there as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Sharpton lost his credibility many moons ago with the Tawana Brawley scam and his "Howard Beach" histrionics.

I've always tried to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt, but, he's never earned it. Not in my days, anyway.

Sharpton is the worst kind of race profiteer. Truly despicable. To my knowledge, he has still never sought forgiveness for the Brawley fiasco that nearly lit up NYC.

Funny Sharpton story... Many years ago, before cell phones were a thing, I get a call from a friend in NYC. We chat for a few minutes and she says "Can I give you this number to call me back?" Turns out she was at a pay phone in Manhattan and had run out of change. I call her back and she tells me... "I'm on a pay phone in Manhattan and Al Sharpton is waiting for me to finish so he can make a call. His goons are giving me the stink eye but fuck them." We talked for another 20 minutes before they drove away.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Here’s a great article by Force Science about slip and capture errors. Note the numerous occupations in the article that are prone to them.

https://www.forcescience.org/2021/04...pon-confusion/
    This forum is awesome. Always learning. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I've always tried to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt, but, he's never earned it. Not in my days, anyway.

Sharpton is the worst kind of race profiteer. Truly despicable. To my knowledge, he has still never sought forgiveness for the Brawley fiasco that nearly lit up NYC.

Funny Sharpton story... Many years ago, before cell phones were a thing, I get a call from a friend in NYC. We chat for a few minutes and she says "Can I give you this number to call me back?" Turns out she was at a pay phone in Manhattan and had run out of change. I call her back and she tells me... "I'm on a pay phone in Manhattan and Al Sharpton is waiting for me to finish so he can make a call. His goons are giving me the stink eye but fuck them." We talked for another 20 minutes before they drove away.
    When the Secret Service came to my outfit requesting agents to work a protective detail for presidential candidates in 1988, I jokingly told them I'd do it for anyone but Jesse Jackson.

So who did I get assigned to...

Yup.

And he was a dick.

(I actually stopped some mope who may or may not have had bad intentions from sneaking in the back of the venue he was speaking at. I turned him over to the USSS agent in charge and returned to my post.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Dees??

User Tag List