Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

YouTube of the shooting.

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Wow.

Red Sox at Twins MLB game "postponed" today for this. The fans were in the stands, the teams were in the dugouts, and the pitchers throwing warmup when the game was called. I had NESN on when the game was called; it took everyone by surprise.

WOW is right. I’ll certainly be interested in the Officers perspective when it comes out.

I’d be glad if anyone could provide info on how a Taser is typically (or, specifically in this case) is carried? I mean, how do you mean to pull a Taser but pull your service weapon instead? I thought they (Tasers) were holstered on the weak side, but I would like to know more.

Site Supporter
    Looks like she lost the pistol too.

Both hands are empty at end of video.

And this was a senior officer?

I watched the video and then I watched it five more times. There's really nothing to say other than, "how many zeroes should we put on the check?"
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    But I thought defunding the police was supposed to make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    WOW is right. I’ll certainly be interested in the Officers perspective when it comes out.

I’d be glad if anyone could provide info on how a Taser is typically (or, specifically in this case) is carried? I mean, how do you mean to pull a Taser but pull your service weapon instead? I thought they (Tasers) were holstered on the weak side, but I would like to know more.
    After an non fatal incident many years ago my agency went to mandated support side carry of the Taser. I carried my Taser support side cavalry style with the butt forward. I used my left hand to draw but I could still use my right hand if needed. It made drawing the Taser completely different but automatic after training it.

If you look at the video at :48 the primary Officer is carrying his Taser like I did. It’s obvious she thought she had her Taser in her hand. I couldn’t tell where she carried hers. I suspect she’ll be arrested and charged shortly on some type of manslaughter charge.

ETA RJ I suspect not enough stress inoculation and training. I won’t say we did a lot of Taser training but we did have annual quals and refreshers. Sometimes we had FoF sims training that involved deploying a Taser instead of your Sims gun.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Looks like she lost the pistol too.

Both hands are empty at end of video.

And this was a senior officer?
    I think she just holstered quickly. Sometimes seniority doesn’t mean a lot of patrol time. A lot of patrol time doesn’t necessarily translate into good decision making under stress. There’s a saying about having years of experience but repeating it one year at a time. Sometimes you get senior Officers who have spent most of their time in Detective or Admin slots who get returned to to patrol. We had “FTO” program for this where we’d retrain guys who hadn’t been on the road for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I watched the video and then I watched it five more times. There's really nothing to say other than, "how many zeroes should we put on the check?"
    Yep that’s something you don’t even try to defend. It’ll be a quick, expensive settlement.

User Tag List