Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That sort of behavior is always confusing to me. Police did something we didn't like, so let's break things and steal things from businesses that had nothing to do with the incident in question? Not exactly effective revenge. If they believe the police did something wrong (entirely possible, of course), then the protest/riot outside the police station at least made some kind of sense, but looting businesses is just throwing a childish tantrum.
    You seem to be confusing those having (possibly legitimate) outrage with a bunch of morbid opportunists.

Unfortunately, we tend to see way more of the latter.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You seem to be confusing those having (possibly legitimate) outrage with a bunch of morbid opportunists.

Unfortunately, we tend to see way more of the latter.
    That's fair - I just find the people saying things like "this was inevitable" when the burning and looting starts after one of these police incidents to be extremely disingenuous, that's all.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That sort of behavior is always confusing to me. Police did something we didn't like, so let's break things and steal things from businesses that had nothing to do with the incident in question? Not exactly effective revenge. If they believe the police did something wrong (entirely possible, of course), then the protest/riot outside the police station at least made some kind of sense, but looting businesses is just throwing a childish tantrum.
    It's simple. Most thieves need a way to justify their theft to themselves so they maintain their internal narrative of being a good guy/gal. Few criminals are genuinely remorseful simply because they've justified their actions so they don't have to feel bad about it. So "systematic racism" becomes a way to convince yourself you are justified in stealing from "the system" and if you tack on a "they have insurance" so you don't have to admit a real person is being hurt by your actions and it's cake.

Note this is also why criminals confess. The few genuinely remorseful (often fairly new addicts who actually do feel terrible about their actions in the moments they aren't overwhelmed by their addiction) confess to get it off their chests. The justifiers want to convince you of their reasoning and justifications.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    More mansions for BLM leaders.

yay.

That governor..... MN is gonna suffer that fool.

But he was elected .
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm shocked. Shocked I say!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm shocked. Shocked I say!
    Little Caesars paid for their history of racial oppression.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Little Caesars paid for their history of racial oppression.
    After the sneakers, we liberate the flat screens!!!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That guy comes off as a bit of an asshole.
    Between this attitude and his pandemic response, there are a lot of folks who refer to him as "Tim Jong-Ill".
    I'm hoping Tim Pawlenty (previous Gov, and a decent centrist Republican) decides to challenge him in the next election.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List