Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Site Supporter
    The officer that fired the shot and the chief both resigned today.

Why is it not obvious to everyone that this female officer was clearly tired of doing her job, looking for a way out, and got up that morning and came up with the bright idea of shooting a young black man and then pretending it was an accident?

Her resignation is further proof of her guilt.

I mean, who wouldn't want to bring that level of grief, emotional stress and financial ruin upon themselves and their loved ones?

You people are clearly myopic.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    My comment quoted in post # 119 pertained to what I see as changes that may come. I know numerous police officers who stop cars because of burned out tail light bulbs or for similar reasons and they stated that they do so to see what else is going on. For example do they smell weed smoke. I'm not weed friendly so I don't care. I'm also right wing law and order as long as it's not I getting stopped. I think policy will limit enforcement, and the reason will be to limit contact with minority persons who appear to be those who resist at a higher frequency than other groups. Taken a step further, I think the intent will be to limit interaction with people who have outstanding warrants. Of course, such will not be stated.

Mayor says the Blue Line flag that’s flying in front of the PD HQ is to be removed, due to the mixed message it sends...

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Mayor says the Blue Line flag that’s flying in front of the PD HQ is to be removed, due to the mixed message it sends...
    Mixed message???
    Man.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My comment quoted in post # 119 pertained to what I see as changes that may come. I know numerous police officers who stop cars because of burned out tail light bulbs or for similar reasons and they stated that they do so to see what else is going on. For example do they smell weed smoke. I'm not weed friendly so I don't care. I'm also right wing law and order as long as it's not I getting stopped. I think policy will limit enforcement, and the reason will be to limit contact with minority persons who appear to be those who resist at a higher frequency than other groups. Taken a step further, I think the intent will be to limit interaction with people who have outstanding warrants. Of course, such will not be stated.
    My buddy and I got stopped in NH with NY plates while up there to do some climbing in the Presidential Range. I was not in law enforcement at the time and I probably had longer hair than many.

Cop stopped us for a headlight that was out. As he was giving us his spiel I turned to him and said, "Uh, officer, your headlight is out." He turned and looked, saw it was true, issued an "oh, shit", laughed and gave us a "get it fixed" summons or whatever it's called.

Amazingly, no one was left dead on the side of the road.

(I've also been much more unceremoniously stopped by NYPD with a friend, and pulled from the vehicle, (without cause, as a matter of fact), and still no one died. There is something to the truism that it is better to comply and file a complaint (or not) later on.)

America has lost its compass. Giving in to the mob is not the way to regain the proper heading.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'll admit, I laughed at this. I shouldn't have, but I thought it was funny.

I got the impression this is one of those instances where deployment of a Taser is preferable to hands on fighting inside a car. If only she'd actually deployed a Taser, well then we wouldn't be talking about this shit show.

___

Also...for folks who are commenting on, "What do we have mob rule now?"

I'll remind you to think carefully, because folks around here have wanted politicians to be 'scared of the people' for years, RE: 2nd Amendment rights.

You got your wish, the politicians are scared of the people...
    Yes... but, there's a difference between succumbing to a mob in order to violate people's rights and acquiescence to pressure to respect existing rights.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

There's no mixed message being sent by the mayor...(or his cohort).

Even the blind should be able to read the handwriting on this wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Yes... but, there's a difference between succumbing to a mob in order to violate people's rights and acquiescence to pressure to respect existing rights.
    Which one is this situation? I can see it being both sides.

User Tag List