Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Shape them something like this. No trigger or grip.

Attachment 70094
    Maybe even a thumb activation with guard, similar to a pepper spray canister?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

So, it was a 25 year veteran on FTO duty that shot the suspect. Am I wrong in thinking she shouldn’t have attempted to taze the suspect while another officer was wrestling him inside of the vehicle?

https://apple.news/AM9DxZ0e0Q0CTMMkTynkJtw
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Shape them something like this. No trigger or grip.

Attachment 70094
    It would be ironic if the TASER morphed into the Star Trek Next Generation Phaser

https://www.newsweek.com/shooting-da..._recirculation

Social media videos reveal that multiple shots were fired close to the Brooklyn Center Police Department on Monday night, where protesters have been since Daunte Wright, a 20-year-old black man, died after he was shot by a police officer in the Minneapolis suburb.

Social media videos early on Tuesday show large jeeps and troops from the National Guard being deployed to the site.

Meanwhile, Peaceful Protests apparently break out at the Dollar Tree:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/i/status/1381812958003613697

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    It would be ironic if the TASER morphed into the Star Trek Next Generation Phaser

Sorry Chief, I thought it was set on Stun not Kill. Oops, my bad!

Site Supporter
    We may see policy shifts dictating what is probable cause to make traffic stops. The reason will be to limit interaction with persons who might resist. We may see directives not to arrest those with outstanding warrants. Instead, officers will direct these persons to surrender themselves. In some cases, special ops officers might attempt to arrest them at their residence. Is it a coincidence that most who resist arrest are from the same demographic group? As defunding takes place, training money will dry up too, but that is an obvious statement. My wife who is reactionary predicted that the current trend, if it continues, will disarm police. Supervisors might carry weapons but not the rank and file. I had not thought of this. Maybe cattle prods will come back. They did work.

Due Process Is Only For Some...Apparently

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dau...police-officer

Brooklyn Center City Manager Curt Boganey was fired on Monday evening, hours after he publicly disagreed with Mayor Mike Elliott’s assertion that the police officer who fatally shot a Black man in the Minneapolis suburb should be immediately fired in response to the incident.

"Effective immediately our city manager has been relieved of his duties, and the deputy city manager will be assuming his duties moving forward," Elliott wrote on Twitter. "I will continue to work my hardest to ensure good leadership at all levels of our city government."...

...The Brooklyn Center City Council voted to fire Boganey, a longtime city employee, during an emergency meeting, the Star Tribune reported. At the same meeting, the council voted to give the mayor command authority over the city’s police department.

During a virtual workshop after the meeting, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to fire Boganey out of fear of potential reprisals from protestors if she did not, according to the newspaper.

"He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," Lawrence-Anderson said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."

Both Elliott and Boganey addressed potential disciplinary action toward the officer during a press conference earlier in the day. At the time, Elliott called for the officer to be fired.

"Let me be very clear – my position is that we cannot afford to make mistakes that lead to the loss of life of other people in our profession," Elliott said. "I do fully support releasing the officer of her duties."

Before leaving the podium, Elliott noted that Boganey, as city manager, had the authority to determine whether the officer would be fired. Boganey noted that he would not take immediate action to remove the officer...

..."All employees working for the city of Brooklyn Center are entitled to due process with respect to discipline," Boganey said. "This employee will receive due process and that’s really all that I can say today."

When pressed on whether he personally felt the officer should be fired, Boganey again called for due process.

"If I were to answer that question, I'd be contradicting what I said a moment ago -- which is to say that all employees are entitled to due process and after that due process, discipline will be determined," Boganey said. "If I were to say anything else, I would actually be contradicting the idea of due process."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

What exactly does assuming command authority over the police mean?

That mayor, well Grandma said if you can't say anything nice about a person, then it's best to keep your mouth shut.

During a virtual workshop after the meeting, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to fire Boganey out of fear of potential reprisals from protestors if she did not, according to the newspaper.

"He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly," Lawrence-Anderson said. "I didn't want repercussions at a personal level."
    Repugnant cowardice and guess what? It won’t appease the rioters. We just witnessed her level of moral courage and found it lacking.
    #RESIST

User Tag List