Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What guns do you come back to because “It will be different this time”?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    The HK USP series.

In a world with modern Beretta 92's and PX4's, CZ P09's, and HK P30's and HK45's, there's really no damn reason to love the USP. But I love them. In LEM they're LEM weird, with the Match trigger the DA is still trash, match hybrid LEM whatever is a great way to spend a Beretta 92D's worth of money on a trigger configuration that's still objectively worse than the Beretta 92D is out of the box. Nevermind the stupid USP proprietary rail.
    Plus with L&M Precision retiring there's no way to RDS a USP anymore.

But whenever I pick up my USP45 I just love the fucking thing and I want more of them. Then I want to carry them. Then I think about a USP9C or USP40C as a carry gun and remind myself that the HK45C is already enough of a problem with holsters/mags/support etc so WTF am I thinking?

Then I go back to Glocks or Berettas for awhile, then I pick up the USP again..... lather, rinse, repeat.
    JMCK does a nice job with the USP9c, and you can now get 17-round factory mags that work with just an X-Grip adaptor, and factory 20-rounders for reloads.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    JMCK does a nice job with the USP9c, and you can now get 17-round factory mags that work with just an X-Grip adaptor, and factory 20-rounders for reloads.
    NOT. HELPING!

There's a USP40c with LEM, Big Dot night sights and six mags on GB right now, too.
    Not another dime.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    No gun in particular, but I've had several bolt-action .308's. I buy it, don't shoot it, sell it, buy another one, and the cycle repeats.

It's like Powerball tickets. I know the odds, but I really do think I'm special.

Site Supporter
    It’s not even a gun I’ve ever owned, but I desperately want a 9mm 1911 that just flat works and isn’t plagued by mag issues. From here and other places I’ve heard so much about what a magical gun that can be, and in shooting them I can absolutely see why, but everyone always caveats that with “but I wouldn’t carry it” and often they’ve got great reasons for saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    No matter what level of objective success I achieve shooting semi-auto pistols, I always seem to end up shooting revolvers again. I know lots of people think of me as "a revolver guy" and in many ways that's true. I almost made M class in USPSA L10, I finished 4th at IDPA Nationals in CDP, 9th in CCP, won a FAST Coin, made A-class in Steel Challenge, all with a semi-auto. But I keep coming back to revolvers like some kind of crackhead and I really don't know why. I love them sure, but like...am I doing this because people expect me to do it, or am I doing it because I love it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Just preparing yourself for upcoming semi auto bans.
    Semi-auto pistols.

No matter how much I shot them or tried to shoot them as well as revolvers, Ive never been able to.

Name:  Clint ban.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  73.5 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    You just need to find the right grips/stocks. Which might involve a new minor hobby of woodworking on your part.

Those legendary stock makers of SoCal LE in decades past didn't get that way by purchasing what they could buy off the shelf.

@Lex Luthier
    @Maple Syrup Actual

The bolded part applies to single actions for me, but I don't even really like holding them, it turns out.

I haven't gotten too strong an itch to replace any of the guns I've sold, but I do wish I could like a G19. And I keep looking at small-frame revolvers I haven't owned yet.
    Not to derail things but since I was tagged...do you think there's a substantial market for custom grips that's not adequately served by established makers?

Up here they can take our lives, and they can and for the most part already did take our freedom, but they probably can't take my ability to make stuff out of wood. Or my experience shooting stuff.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

There doesn't seem to be a lot of innovation, from what I can see. Herrett's latest hotness is older than either of us, as far as I can tell. I finally figured out a hypothesis that Nills Griffe wants to make every back strap into a K frame's round butt even if the gun is nothing like a K frame. (At least there's some rhyme/reason to it, I guess.)

I don't know that you could do much more than buy some extra ammo and maybe the little guy's first .22 with the proceeds, but I'd sure be interested to see what you come up with if you started doing some based on your own thinking.
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Trying other guns, any other gun as a replacement for the pocket LCP.

Current it girl: RM380...

Site Supporter
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of innovation, from what I can see. Herrett's latest hotness is older than either of us, as far as I can tell. I finally figured out a hypothesis that Nills Griffe wants to make every back strap into a K frame's round butt even if the gun is nothing like a K frame. (At least there's some rhyme/reason to it, I guess.)

I don't know that you could do much more than buy some extra ammo and maybe the little guy's first .22 with the proceeds, but I'd sure be interested to see what you come up with if you started doing some based on your own thinking.
    I've always wondered what might be done for revolver stocks using a CNC machine and chunks of G10 material.

User Tag List