Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would a single stack, Commander sized 45 ACP Glock make any sense in today’s America?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My P220s aren't going anywhere. A little thicker and blockier than a 1911, but they also work a heck of a lot better for me than a 1911. Kind of a railed, lightweight Commander with a really nice TDA trigger.
    Dusting off my Ruger P90. DA/SA 45acp with a decocker/safety. Aluminum receiver and stainless slide. 8+1. It is big, ugly, and not very ergonomic. Nice companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The guys are hacking on you because of your verbiage in your OP, but I'm picking up what your putting down.

As much as I love my Berettas, they don't make a lot of sense if I have to limit them to ten round mags. I have plenty of 18 and 20 round 92 mags, so if those were to be grandfathered in any proposed legislation that would ease things, but there's no guarantee of that happening this time. An uber expensive production gun like the aforementioned Staccato makes even less, especially since it's really just a high cap 1911 and I already have plenty of those in single stack form.

The real question is, would Glock see the market share in a single stack .45? Unfortunately, I think the answer to that is no. Nine millimeter is by far the most popular centerfire pistol round today and gaining more traction every day. Glock already has successful single stack nines. I don't see them tooling up for one in .45acp.
    Thanks. They can hack all they want. I was setting up a reason where a single stack, striker fired, commander sized, 45ACP Glock made sense. The size and brand were were stated for the purpose of excluding the G36 and anything not a Glock. Capacity was specified to reinforce the size. MOS was specified because I don’t want to bother sending parts out for machining. There are some great shops doing awesome work out there, no argument with that. But there is something to be said for “showroom stock”.

I purposefully dropped this in the Semi-auto pistol part of the hardware forum, in the hope that we’d all focus on the firearm and not the politics mentioned to set the table. I’ve watched enough threads here go sideways and should have anticipated the reactions.

I think we’re all ticked off enough at what’s coming out of DC these days, I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    ...I really don’t want to, nor an I afford, to carry a high dollar gun that I can’t have several copies of and might end up in an evidence locker for a long while...
    Worried about the cost of a pistol involved in a defensive gun use? That is a sentiment that we hear somewhat regularly, but it is completely ridiculous. What about the cost of your legal defense? Even in the most straight-forward of cases, a no-doubt 'good-shoot', even in a supposedly 'gun-friendly' state, even when caught on video, will take months and tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars. That cost will make the value of any impounded pistol to seem like pocket change.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Worried about the cost of a pistol involved in a defensive gun use? That is a sentiment that we hear somewhat regularly, but it is completely ridiculous. What about the cost of your legal defense? Even in the most straight-forward of cases, a no-doubt 'good-shoot', even in a supposedly 'gun-friendly' state, even when caught on video, will take months and tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars. That cost will make the value of any impounded pistol to seem like pocket change.
    That's very broad advise that may or may not apply. More and more "gun friendly" states are beginning to shield righteous shoots from civil liability, and I've seen good shoots declared as such at the scene by the on call prosecutor. The gun still goes into evidence while things get finalized, but having been through the process from both sides I don't think it's a silly concern at all.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    “Worried about the cost” and “can’t afford” are two different things. I wouldn’t worry about spending $1800 on a Glock and 2 spares. I can’t afford spending $11,000 on a Wilson Combat 1911 and 2 spares.

Site Supporter
    I did this same calculus some years back, and realized the HK45C LEM solves all of these problems very well. Albeit without the attractive blue-label pricing, reasonable genuine mag prices, and massive holster support.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Can't believe we've gotten this far without...

Name:  glock_1911-tfb.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  53.8 KB
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Can't believe we've gotten this far without...

Name:  glock_1911-tfb.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  53.8 KB
    Because that's clearly a photoshop - the authentic Glock 1911 has forward slide serrations, an undercut trigger guard, and an FBI-spec oversized mag release.

And plastic sight protectors, so you can chose your own sights...

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Because that's clearly a photoshop - the authentic Glock 1911 has forward slide serrations, an undercut trigger guard, and an FBI-spec oversized mag release.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's very broad advise that may or may not apply. More and more "gun friendly" states are beginning to shield righteous shoots from civil liability, and I've seen good shoots declared as such at the scene by the on call prosecutor. The gun still goes into evidence while things get finalized, but having been through the process from both sides I don't think it's a silly concern at all.
    Ive believe there was a lawsuit here over an individual trying to get a gun back after a good shoot. As I understand it, if they confiscate you will never get it back. Makes it hard to swallow buying multiples of a small 9mm 1911 that is going for multiples of the price of a 26.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List