Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would a single stack, Commander sized 45 ACP Glock make any sense in today’s America?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Yeah, that’s it. Having owned a Commander, that size always appealed to me.

@Trooper224. I think we’re on the same sheet of music. I really don’t want to, nor an I afford, to carry a high dollar gun that I can’t have several copies of and might end up in an evidence locker for a long while. A big plus is that I can replace Glock parts. I’m not a 1911 gunsmith or even armorer.
    The guys are hacking on you because of your verbiage in your OP, but I'm picking up what your putting down.

As much as I love my Berettas, they don't make a lot of sense if I have to limit them to ten round mags. I have plenty of 18 and 20 round 92 mags, so if those were to be grandfathered in any proposed legislation that would ease things, but there's no guarantee of that happening this time. An uber expensive production gun like the aforementioned Staccato makes even less, especially since it's really just a high cap 1911 and I already have plenty of those in single stack form.

The real question is, would Glock see the market share in a single stack .45? Unfortunately, I think the answer to that is no. Nine millimeter is by far the most popular centerfire pistol round today and gaining more traction every day. Glock already has successful single stack nines. I don't see them tooling up for one in .45acp.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

This pretty much already exists in the form of the M2.0 shield 45. 6+1 or 7+1 single stack in a vetted striker platform.

If Glock came out with a 48 sized .45 I’d jump on it.
    It would have to be MOS though. I’m going Reddot on everything moving forward.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The guys are hacking on you because of your verbiage in your OP, but I'm picking up what your putting down.

As much as I love my Berettas, they don't make a lot of sense if I have to limit them to ten round mags. I have plenty of 18 and 20 round 92 mags, so if those were to be grandfathered in any proposed legislation that would ease things, but there's no guarantee of that happening this time. An uber expensive production gun like the aforementioned Staccato makes even less, especially since it's really just a high cap 1911 and I already have plenty of those in single stack form.

The real question is, would Glock see the market share in a single stack .45? Unfortunately, I think the answer to that is no. Nine millimeter is by far the most popular centerfire pistol round today and gaining more traction every day. Glock already has successful single stack nines. I don't see them tooling up for one in .45acp.
    If a mag ban comes back the 45GAP will return. The Glock 37 really is a nice gun but finding ammo is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Would a single stack, Commander sized 45 ACP Glock make any sense in today’s America?
    Only if it actually ran like most Glocks. The 36 was and is not an overwhelming success in that regard.
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

The gun is already available.

What advantages does a .45 bring to the table in practical real world use?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I’ve lived in a country where guns are basically illegal and I had to leave my pocketknife in the truck before going out in public.

I won’t be complying with any bs here.
    This...America, A #1

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Only if it actually ran like most Glocks. The 36 was and is not an overwhelming success in that regard.
    Was surprised it took a whole page to arrive at this, but yes, this is all true.

I toyed with the idea of buying a 36 at one point, never did. I am assuming if there is that style of legislation coming down the pipeline (still think this is very unlikely to happen at federal level for lots of reasons), I'm assuming a 10rd max capacity limit would be the goal, given that NYS tried to pass a more restrictive law and it did not pass muster in the NY court system. For that reason, G26s/48s/43xs would be my choices.

Either way, I already have lots of magazines that hold a lot more ammo than 10 rounds. They won't be going anywhere.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My P220s aren't going anywhere. A little thicker and blockier than a 1911, but they also work a heck of a lot better for me than a 1911. Kind of a railed, lightweight Commander with a really nice TDA trigger.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    The Glock 26 with 10 rd mags fit the bill here. So would a Glock 19 with 10 rd magazines. I would worry about what's legal and not fret about others' sensibilities. The op's 45's would be good. I have already purchased a supply of 10 rd mags for my CZ PCR's which I favor. One thing that I have not seen stated is that if we shoot the larger pistols more accurately, then we might consider not discarding them because their capacity becomes limited. Note I said might consider. I foresee that some of us who were lazy about carrying a second magazine might soon start doing so.

My lgs has many different mags in stock for HK, Glock,and AR rifles. I do not work there. When I do visit, I buy them a drink. I noticed that they have the HK P30 17 shot mags in stock as well as a few HK handguns at fair prices. They ship. There seems not to be that big run on magazines as we have seen before.

The op asked about pistols with single stack mags, and I gave him a double stack answer. Therefore, my reply may have little value.
    Last edited by willie; 04-11-2021 at 02:14 PM.

User Tag List