Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Would a single stack, Commander sized 45 ACP Glock make any sense in today’s America?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I hate to say this but I had a good number of Glock 17 and 19 10 rounders. I bought them real cheap after the ban expired and they were dumped for a few bucks each. Used them for IDPA for years without any problem.
    I think the problem is with hollowpoints.

I know several people that did similar with cheap post ban 10 round 9mm Glock mags, but the lion's share of the use was with round FMJ or maybe some truncated cone. Someone with better search skills can probably turn up the post with DocGKR and others noting that what institutional users were experiencing was issues with JHPs. And even that, IIRC, was over large round counts. So low volume testing of expensive JHPs might not reproduce the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The slide on the GAP is massive....difficult-er to hide.....even with a small grip.

The easy button for Glock is double stack 10 round mags for g19 (that work) Likely much more profitable than a new (old) platform and caliber that already failed once.
    The slide with on my new G27.5 is 1.08” and the difference is barely notable from my 26.5’s 1.0”. The 39 is 1.12”. I think the “massive” GAP slide is mostly internet hyperbole.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A Glock 40 S&W with a 357 Sig barrel and a 9mm conversion barrel looks good right now.
    This crossed my mind when I impulse purchased my 27.5, and may even have been used to help justify the expenditure.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If Glock took the time to design 10 round G17 and G19 mags that were as reliable with hollow-point duty/defense ammunition as the standard capacity mags, much of this discussion would be moot. I think they probably would put the time and money into this if another AWB was signed into law. The profit is there. There are waaaay more people legally carrying concealed firearms in 2021 than there were in 1994 simply due to the changes in CCW permit laws at the state level throughout the US. The market for CCW stuff is an order of magnitude larger and more profitable now.
    I've heard on reasonable authority that the ATF jammed up GLOCK pretty good on the AWB and rejected their initial design. What I don't understand is, what after the AWB they didn't go back to a more reliable design, since they no longer needed to meet ATF requirements. (Well, I know the reason it comes down to money and the expense of redesign retooling.)

I had to use 10 rd. G17 mags in my 34 for restrictive states, but reverted to using standard magazines in non restrictive states. With my CZ, I just use the 10 rounders all around in production (and also CO when going to a restrictive state), as I don't feel there is any difference between them (save for the capacity) in terms of use or reliability. Also, you can't accidentally load 11 rounds for production, and if you're wrongly accused of doing such, you've got an "alibi".

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I've heard on reasonable authority that the ATF jammed up GLOCK pretty good on the AWB and rejected their initial design. What I don't understand is, what after the AWB they didn't go back to a more reliable design, since they no longer needed to meet ATF requirements. (Well, I know the reason it comes down to money and the expense of redesign retooling.)
    I think that was limited to the 10-round G21 magazines. I had a ban-era G21 back in the day and I heard the same thing. The ATF being able to squeeze in 11 is why the 10s needed a hydraulic press to load that 10th round. I don't remember my 10-round 9mm or .40 Glock mags being in the same ballpark, but that was awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I think that was limited to the 10-round G21 magazines. I had a ban-era G21 back in the day and I heard the same thing. The ATF being able to squeeze in 11 is why the 10s needed a hydraulic press to load that 10th round. I don't remember my 10-round 9mm or .40 Glock mags being in the same ballpark, but that was awhile ago.
    I was told it was the G17 mags they were able to get 11 in.

Guys I was reading this thread from the beginning. I am a Beretta 92 fan (92A1) and seriously considering acquiring a 9mm 1911. I like the 1911 design and history and prefer 9mm. One trait of the 1911 that could be beneficial is the limited magazine capacity. If the Dems are successful is banning magazines >10 rounds, I would feel adequately armed with my Beretta 92A1 with 10 round magazines. Don’t misunderstand me here, I don’t intend on giving up my 17 round magazines, but if it came down to being a FELON or spending $1000s on an Attorney to keep them, I could live with my Beretta and 10 round magazines. I thought I read some comments indicating that a 10 round limit might make the Beretta 92 platform less desirable? Is there an explanation to support this idea? Is it the idea that the double stack magazine makes the grip thicker and if you have a 10 round limit, you might as well have the thinner grip on a different style pistol? Thanks

If you want more than 10 rounds, carry more than 10 rounds.

By the time you end up before a jury of leftists where minutiae like that is brought up, you’re so far gone it won’t matter at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    If you want more than 10 rounds, carry more than 10 rounds.

By the time you end up before a jury of leftists where minutiae like that is brought up, you’re so far gone it won’t matter at that point.
    Yeah, enjoy thug life until you get bailed out. We fix stuff like this legislatively.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yeah, enjoy thug life until you get bailed out. We would like to fix stuff like this legislatively.
    Fixed it for ya. With eight traitors on the SCOTUS that ain't gonna happen ever again.

Cat

User Tag List