Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would a single stack, Commander sized 45 ACP Glock make any sense in today’s America?

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    And plastic dovetail protectors, so you can chose your own sights...
    FIFY
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

So, basically a single stack Glock 38, but in .45 ACP. I'd prefer that much more than the existing G30/G30S. And I like the ergos of the girth of the G38, even if there's some redundant bulk when moving that platform to a single-stack .45 ACP.

Best, Jon

I'd your looking for a single stack sized Glock in 45acp, there is an easy solution. M&P makes a 10rd .45acp that is basically commander sized.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ive believe there was a lawsuit here over an individual trying to get a gun back after a good shoot. As I understand it, if they confiscate you will never get it back. Makes it hard to swallow buying multiples of a small 9mm 1911 that is going for multiples of the price of a 26.
    You get it back here. Days, weeks, months, years, all depends on many factors. My rifle was 13 months, but it was an issued rifle so the only personal property I had in time out was 2 pmags.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You get it back here. Days, weeks, months, years, all depends on many factors. My rifle was 13 months, but it was an issued rifle so the only personal property I had in time out was 2 pmags.
    I think it is some kind of unofficial policy or it was at one time. From what I heard it came from the Chief. Back when you had to get a signature for a SBR or silencer they would not sign off on those. I live in liberal utopia thats surrounded by good ol boys.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    So, basically a single stack Glock 38, but in .45 ACP. I'd prefer that much more than the existing G30/G30S. And I like the ergos of the girth of the G38, even if there's some redundant bulk when moving that platform to a single-stack .45 ACP.

Best, Jon
    If GLOCK only increased the grip size of the Glock .45s to accommodate the added length of the cartridge (front to back) and not the side to side width, they wouldn’t be so unwieldy. I can certainly see the appeal of a G38 size ACP. Heck, maybe Shield arms can follow up with a 10 round flush fit Mag.

All things in cycles.

The last go ‘round with federal gun laws, the AWB of ‘94, the same thing happened. When magazine capacity for new-purchase magazines but non-LE became illegal, we saw a resurgence in interest in the 1911 based on the idea that 8+1 rounds of .45 was “better” than 10+1 of 9mm.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    I really don’t want to, nor an I afford, to carry a high dollar gun that I can’t have several copies of and might end up in an evidence locker for a long while.
    It seems to me that self-defense shootings are rather rare. Isn't this like owning a second car in case you crack up the daily driver?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    All things in cycles.

The last go ‘round with federal gun laws, the AWB of ‘94, the same thing happened. When magazine capacity for new-purchase magazines but non-LE became illegal, we saw a resurgence in interest in the 1911 based on the idea that 8+1 rounds of .45 was “better” than 10+1 of 9mm.
    I agree, but here's where I fundamentally differ today: Today, if I shoot better/best with, say a G17, I woulld stick with that platform regardless of the mandated magazine diminishment from 17 to 10 rounds. While such legal capacity restriction may be viewed as nothing less than a platfor emasculation by many, to me the key determnants are 1) Which platform do I shoot the best with, and 2), even with the diinished ammunition capacity, do I still have sufficient capacity to perform within my venues of use.

Quite bluntly, in a semi-automatic pistol, I think that a 7-10 round capacity provides sufficient capacity for any defensive scenario I'm likely to encounter. I would (and do) carry sufficient reload magazines; for a 7-10 round pistol, I would carry 2 reload magazines in addition to the one in the gun.

The caliber performance differentiations between 9mm, .40, and .45 ACP have been rendered more or less moot in most situations, given quality cartridges. The key determnants in a given platform for me than devolve towards ergonomics, desirable platform features, accuracy, reliability, durability, ease of maintenance and aftermarket support. Capacity and caliber (between the three calibers I raised) are far, far down on my key criteria list.

That said, I stil think there's a market for a single-stack G38 in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP-on the grounds what I've discussed above, plus it woulld be more size-efficient.

I thnk an argument can be made is that having a large capacity magazine has provided many with a false sense of security and perceived competance, and an increased ability to get into trouble due to the potential legal ramifications attached to each round expended.

Best, Jon

I’ve always thought the GAP had great appeal, but it just never got traction. Maybe it will come back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List