Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prince Philip Has Died

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I'm actually a member of an anti-monarchist group....
    So am I... the United States of America.

Try the veal and tip your waitress....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Good god, misanthropist....you really never cease to hit me as the single most interesting person on this forum....and by a long stretch.
    It's the partial splicing of extraterrestrial DNA, it gives me very divergent interests.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    So that's what they're doing with those probes.

An interesting side note....his mother saved Jews during the war, while his three sisters married Nazi’s (and weren’t invited to his wedding).
    Rest in Peace Prince Phillip.
    צדק צדק תרדוף
    justice justice shall you pursue

Quote Originally Posted by sabasarge View Post
    An interesting side note....his mother saved Jews during the war, while his three sisters married Nazi’s (and weren’t invited to his wedding).
    Rest in Peace Prince Phillip.
    That's what happens when you live to be almost 100 years old. History just passes you by and it all seems so unusual to people in the modern day.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's what happens when you live to be almost 100 years old. History just passes you by and it all seems so unusual to people in the modern day.
    I hear you, but truth be told nothing surprises me anymore. I guess that means I’m either jaded, or perhaps simply open to the wonderment that is life.
    Not yet sure which.
    צדק צדק תרדוף
    justice justice shall you pursue

Site Supporter
    He was perceptive and spoke his mind. He didn't give a shit about who did or did not like it.

He performed useful service against the Axis as XO of HMS Wallace.

Fullbore, Prince Philip.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Until recently, almost all the White House butlers were black. Lynwood Westray, who spent 32 years as a part-time butler in the White House, was part of that tradition.

Even though he dresses informally, Westray still has a quite distinguished air. His pride is evident as he talks about his White House years. He served eight presidents, starting with John F. Kennedy, before leaving the White House in 1994.

When reflecting on his fondest memory, Westray talks about a time in 1979 when Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visited the White House. After dinner, Prince Philip went into the Red Room, next to the state dining room. Westray and his buddy were serving liquor. Westray says he was carrying the tray and glasses.

"The prince was in there by himself, which was odd, because everybody else had gone down to the other end of the building," Westray says. "I said, 'Your Majesty, would you care for a cordial?' He says, 'I'll take one if you let me serve it.' What do you do? I didn't do all that because I had the stuff in my hand. And he says, 'If you let me pour it, I'll have one with you.'

"... So he poured it, the one he wanted, and we took the same thing that he had. And we had our drink there together and had a little talk while we were there. He told us if we were ever over there in London to stop at Buckingham Palace and see him. Can you imagine the prince serving you? I enjoyed it. You know, we're not supposed to drink and carry on at that time. We're not guests. It was just the three of us in the room, so nobody knew what happened. And I drank my little cordial, we all drank, and had a little conversation. But that was one thing I'll never forget, having been served by royalty."
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=99418917

User Tag List