Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction costs are out of control

Site Supporter
    A blurb in the news said that increased lumber costs have added $36000 to the price of a new house. Related to construction costs are steel prices which continue to go up. A local trailer dealer said that he can not preorder a trailer because manufacturers are unable to specify wholesale prices because of unpredictable steel prices. Infrastructure is a big word these days. We will see that improvements in this area will become much more costly. Further, maintenance costs for municipal, state, and federal properties will require tax increases.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A blurb in the news said that increased lumber costs have added $36000 to the price of a new house. Related to construction costs are steel prices which continue to go up. A local trailer dealer said that he can not preorder a trailer because manufacturers are unable to specify wholesale prices because of unpredictable steel prices. Infrastructure is a big word these days. We will see that improvements in this area will become much more costly. Further, maintenance costs for municipal, state, and federal properties will require tax increases.
    Swell. I bet that translates into the used trailer market pricing spiking. FML.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    BIG TAX INCREASES COMING
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I just sold a 24' Nash that was about 6 years old. Lots of dealers wanted it but I sold it myself. Like used cars, people are looking for used ones. Prices for new ones are getting stupid or they just aren't available.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I was in the market for a new gooseneck again the year. 10 months out and 35% higher price than the one I bought a year ago. Used trailers here have gone up 50%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Perhaps the economists among us can predict the near future. We are seeing spiraling material costs. Trillion dollars government spending will soon increase national debt even more. Does this pattern lead to a bubble that will pop and then to a recession?

FWIW Inflation and how the Fed will act, seem to be the biggest concerns on the business news I follow.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Welcome back to the 70's. Malaise, Stagflation, Gas Lines, Disco, Baby Excrement color schemes, and Polyester will be coming back shortly.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Name:  BCB8E649-08C4-4EAB-8BD3-4BB46E37A623.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  36.3 KB

Anddd... we’re up another 9% this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List