Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  18D10E45-9C12-4140-9851-8E32A60A0AF9.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  52.9 KB

Looks like 1955...

Almost too nice to shoot...

Almost....

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Now my brain rabbit hole is wondering about 380 ACP ballistics out of a snub and whether TK could caliber change a Smith 340 to 380ACP instead of 9mm....

I noticed Taurus makes a 380 revolver...
    Taurus Model 380

No affiliation with the seller, etc,etc, just doing my bit to help.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Taurus Model 380

No affiliation with the seller, etc,etc, just doing my bit to help.
    Oooohh.... I would have impulse bought it already if the website didn’t tell me I had “insufficient privileges” to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    In my opinion, Darryl is of course correct. I'd also offer the 125 grain Remington Golden Saber and Winchester PDX loads as viable alternatives if the Gold Dot is not available. All those loads are kind of in that "hot 9mm" power band and are reasonable to shoot out of something like a 640 Pro or SP101, are fairly pleasant out of a K-frame weight revolver, and the easy button out of a L-frame or GP100.

The only thing I can tolerate out of the AirLite J frames is wadcutters.
    I will use Gold Dot, Golden Sabre or the Winchester bonded load interchangeably, choosing whichever one shoots closest to the sights and/or groups decently in a particular gun. Next choice is a wadcutter or standard velocity semi-wadcutter, again based on POI and group size.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Dusted off the Labradar

Got antsy and brought out the Labradar to get a sense of velocities.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1210603

Cliffs notes are that my 6.5" 929 and 3.7" P365XL produce identical velocities with Speer Lawman 124 and 147gr.

And 38 special is sad.

And 357 magnum out of a short barrel makes fireballs. But in the Frankenightguard, even Fiocchi 142 grain 357 magnum bested the 147 grain Lawman by 100 fps with the 2.5" barrel so it doesn't suck.

Speaking of Modern Fighting revolvers, I kind of wish I'd kept this gun around. But sadly, I got divorced (a long time ago) and really needed money.

Smith & Wesson 325PD Review

Name:  325 airlite PD.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  45.5 KB

This thing was one of the biggest, dumbest, yet somehow must fun guns I ever owned

I’ve enjoyed shooting revolvers more than self-loading pistols since I was a teenager.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Speaking of Modern Fighting revolvers, I kind of wish I'd kept this gun around. But sadly, I got divorced (a long time ago) and really needed money.

This thing was one of the biggest, dumbest, yet somehow must fun guns I ever owned
    @jetfire I really enjoyed reading that article, thank you for the link!

I ordered the cheap barrel for experimentation and cutting. And this one for pretty factor if it seems to work out.

Name:  6D424F89-3442-4B5A-868B-9EDA1A59D4D0.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  22.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

Name:  325 airlite PD.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  45.5 KB

There's nothing dumb about it and whoever wrote that review did so from his perspective only.
    It's a big old world out here and different people want/need different things from a firearm.

Having real, usable, useful utility for only a small group of the shooting world doesn't = "dumb".
    If it did, all of us who like, discuss, own and shoot revolvers in 2021 would be "dumb" because we are a small subset.

I don't own one but I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    There's nothing dumb about it and whoever wrote that review did so from his perspective only.
    It's a big old world out here and different people want/need different things from a firearm.

Having real, usable, useful utility for only a small group of the shooting world doesn't = "dumb".
    If it did, all of us who like, discuss, own and shoot revolvers in 2021 would be "dumb" because we are a small subset.

I don't own one but I really like it.
    I wrote that review, homie. If you look up from your keyboard super fast, you'll see the sarcasm going over your head

User Tag List