Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: JCN’s take on modern fighting revolvers

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I haven't paid much attention to dots due to astigmatism, but does having a dot mounted to the frame of the gun, as with a revolver, help it live significantly longer than when attached to a reciprocating slide?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to dots due to astigmatism, but does having a dot mounted to the frame of the gun, as with a revolver, help it live significantly longer than when attached to a reciprocating slide?
    Yes, but durability of Trijicon and Holosun are pretty great even on reciprocating slides

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How does shooting the dot on a revolver appear compared to the dot on a reciprocating slide?

I would think the 509T would be interesting on a revolver.
    For me the difference is pretty imperceptible, I have ACROs on my wheelguns and semi autos, and it all seems pretty same/same

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sincere question. Darryl mentioned Speer short barrel 38+P, and I wondered if that was the load of choice, or whether some flavor of .357 was it.
    +1, use it in my 2.25” SP101. Snappy in my LCR though. I’d prefer wadcutters in that light frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    "It is better to cover a target with the bright grapes than it is to cover a target with the mere suggestion of a front blade."

(I also suffer from the Big A... one of many vision issues.)

The consensus around these parts is that dots do hold up better when mounted on a "non-reciprocating" part of the firearm; the consensus is also that once you put a dot on the slide of a semiauto, you won't put it anywhere else... whether you go through them more quickly or not.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I switched to swc after The 140xtp blew a pretty good chunk out of a grouse.
    I'm sure you don't want to destroy your supper.
    My critters become vulture chow, they'll happily eat the scattered "chunks"

Going to take the plunge and have the original Nightguard cylinder cut for moon clips and rechambered in 9mm...

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Going to take the plunge and have the original Nightguard cylinder cut for moon clips and rechambered in 9mm...
    The only reason I don't get a new 9mm SP101 to replace The Rattler is because Ruger doesn't make one in DAO... but if they did, I'd get out the wallet.

(A bit grudgingly because I am too blasted old to be buying new guns.)

I don't like the LCR, otherwise that might be a viable choice for me. I still give Ruger credit for having two snubby nines in their catalog while S&W refuses to resurrect the 940.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I still give Ruger credit for having two snubby nines in their catalog while S&W refuses to resurrect the 940.
    Looks like they don't have an 45 ACP round guns on their website anymore now.

At this point, I’m just waiting for the checks from S&W made out to PF to arrive
    #RESIST

User Tag List