Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: JCN’s take on modern fighting revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Never mind, Darryl says they need the rounded front of the rear sight, these don’t work.
    So newbie question here;

So for mounting an RDS on a revolver, is it just best to send to a smith?

Are there any modern models that come ready, or able to be modified to accept RDS on the kitchen table?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So newbie question here;

So for mounting an RDS on a revolver, is it just best to send to a smith?

Are there any modern models that come ready, or able to be modified to accept RDS on the kitchen table?

thanks
    Apex S&W mount. If you can remove and reinstall three screws, you have it covered.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just did this. My wife’s reaction was “why.”
    I was expecting one of the following answers:
    1. Because all the cool kids were doing it and I felt left out, peer pressure is a thing!
    2. I’m waiting for my man-bun to grow out and I needed to increase my irony quotient.
    3. Why does a dog lick his balls....

I’m right there with you, buddy.

My wife has stopped asking me why. She has it boiled down to a nonverbal single raised eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was expecting one of the following answers:
    1. Because all the cool kids were doing it and I felt left out, peer pressure is a thing!
    2. I’m waiting for my man-bun to grow out and I needed to increase my irony quotient.
    3. Why does a dog lick his balls....

I’m right there with you, buddy.

My wife has stopped asking me why. She has it boiled down to a nonverbal single raised eyebrow.

You forgot “4” — needed some place to park the non 2032 Acro.

You forgot “4” — needed some place to park the non 2032 Acro.
    Lol, I think #4 firmly fits in the 1-3 camp.

The irony “need” is like when someone weighing 400 pounds goes to McDonalds states that they “need” a cheeseburger...

Do they? Really?

You could up the quotient by putting a revolver with an Acro AIWB in a JMCK holster attached to a Phlster Enigma while taking a pistol class though...

You could up the quotient by putting a revolver with an Acro AIWB in a JMCK holster attached to a Phlster Enigma while taking a pistol class though...
    You say that like it is a bad thing.

I zeroed my Scandium 396 with the Acro this morning. First observation was, despite using the Wheeler laser thingee to get a rough zero, it was shooting about six inches high at 10 yards. Windage was close, though.

Didn't shoot too much, but here is some eight inch steel and then shooting a two inch square. I have no idea what to think.

I zeroed my Scandium 396 with the Acro this morning. First observation was, despite using the Wheeler laser thingee to get a rough zero, it was shooting about six inches high at 10 yards. Windage was close, though.

Didn't shoot too much, but here is some eight inch steel and then shooting a two inch square. I have no idea what to think.
    I think you’re doing well! I did giggle when you looked at the gun like “where are the rest of the bullets?!” when you ran dry. Ah revolvers.

Out of curiosity, what distance do you rough zero with the Wheeler?

Revolver height over bore is crazy high, almost like a rifle.

I usually find a long area in my house where I can get basically a 25 yard indoor zero and that winds up being pretty close to where actual zero is.

If you were laser zeroing at a closer distance could that have accounted for the elevation error?

Or else maybe if the revolver is crowned, the muzzle flatness doesn’t really correlate to bore?

Out of curiosity, what distance do you rough zero with the Wheeler?

Revolver height over bore is crazy high, almost like a rifle.

I usually find a long area in my house where I can get basically a 25 yard indoor zero and that winds up being pretty close to where actual zero is.

If you were laser zeroing at a closer distance could that have accounted for the elevation error?

Or else maybe if the revolver is crowned, the muzzle flatness doesn’t really correlate to bore?
    25 yards with the laser, so I will check the crown. Definitely lots of offset!

User Tag List