Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 169

Thread: JCNís take on modern fighting revolvers

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Following with interest.

    Also I kinda wish I had not heard of these Korth things...

    PS: I asked the 380 out of 9mm thing before:

    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....92#post1028592
    Oh! Thanks for the link!

    I wonder if a J frame cut for 38/357 moon clips would be a better host for a 380 moon clip with regards to cylinder mouth dimensions.

    Turns out the Taurus moons are pretty cheap so I ordered a few to good around with. If for no other reason than to see the ballistics.

    Interestingly from that thread, I also have a bunch of 9x18 Makarov ammo lying around....

    EDIT: no love for the Makarov

    Name:  6DFD00EA-DE7B-4E7D-964D-CE7D7910086C.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  45.2 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 04-15-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Pointing at cardboard things....

  2. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    NW Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Can the opposite be done? Could I take a 686 Plus and have it converted to a 6-shooter? Lack of 2.5" and 3" 6-shot 686 is disappointing to me.
    I'm guessing it could, I know one guy that had his 6 shooter 686 changed to a 7 shooter at S&W's shop several years ago.
    I would use a private smith.
    A quick call to Frank Glenn, or whatever gunsmith you trust would tell the tale tho.

  3. #113
    Name:  EC3D7CAF-A97B-4B3A-A511-3627D8C74229.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  58.9 KBName:  86ADA329-4638-47F2-838A-E5CC027C0F9A.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  50.4 KB

    The more I think about it, the more I think 9mm is a good idea with the shortened rod.

    Depressed fully, thereís a chance it might not eject sticky 38/357 mag.

    But 9mm it should be just about perfect.
    Pointing at cardboard things....

  4. #114
    Member gato naranja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Flyover country... and never too far from the food bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

    The more I think about it, the more I think 9mm is a good idea with the shortened rod.

    Depressed fully, thereís a chance it might not eject sticky 38/357 mag.

    But 9mm it should be just about perfect.
    The shorter case should in theory lessen the odds of something hanging up. Over the years, a little bit of extra case length has screwed up enough reloads for me that it is a factor to be considered.
    gn

    (un VIEJO gato naranja... and still skeptical about humans)

  5. #115
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N. Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    I'm guessing it could, I know one guy that had his 6 shooter 686 changed to a 7 shooter at S&W's shop several years ago.
    I would use a private smith.
    A quick call to Frank Glenn, or whatever gunsmith you trust would tell the tale tho.
    I just sent emails off to C&S, Frank Glenn and AT Custom Gunwork to see what they say about this. First time in my life I ever tried to get LESS capacity out of a handgun...

  6. #116
    Which of these for an Acro?

    Also, who makes the mount for the Holosun?

    Name:  2C91FDB5-03C2-40F2-A02C-6FD3F3BB5221.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  54.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  7. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Which of these for an Acro?

    Also, who makes the mount for the Holosun?

    Name:  2C91FDB5-03C2-40F2-A02C-6FD3F3BB5221.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  54.5 KB
    Never mind, Darryl says they need the rounded front of the rear sight, these donít work.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  8. #118
    Site Supporter Norville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    WI
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Which of these for an Acro?

    Also, who makes the mount for the Holosun?



    ]
    Iím guessing you will have to drill and tap the top strap on either of those.

    EGW makes an RMR mount for S&Ws.

    **edit - slow post, never mind **

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Iím guessing you will have to drill and tap the top strap on either of those.

    EGW makes an RMR mount for S&Ws.

    **edit - slow post, never mind **
    Thanks. With summer going, I might jump right to this.

    Name:  32B964F0-DE55-4C93-8751-36432A078E25.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  95.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Which of these for an Acro?

    Also, who makes the mount for the Holosun?
    Which model Holosun?

    I use an Allchin for the RMR/507c footprint and a JP for the 507k mounts. Will need to file down / trim nubs as the 507k only has room for two short front bosses.

    Name:  21B38965-98A0-4BCA-988E-ED4105946A8B.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  91.9 KB

    Name:  2DAF8591-90AD-48EF-8F25-3E72CBD88808.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  75.2 KB
    Pointing at cardboard things....

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •