Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I am disappointed w/ LTT

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Which category would you place yourself in?
    People who buy new revolvers but don't buy new S&W revolvers. Like I said, I would have favored the "classic" N-frames over the Redhawk. I bought the Redhawk new. In a no keyhole world, S&W would have sold more guns, Ruger would have sold less. I owned zero Rugers pre-keyhole.

I don't buy a shit ton of guns, but there are 3 current production S&W revolvers I would have bought new if they were not locked but I bought a Ruger or a used pre-lock version instead. When I made detective I decided to buy another .45 Auto and a Colt DS. I bought the DS used, of course, because that was the only way to do it. I almost bought the Jerry Miculek .45 Auto revolver, and that's quite honestly the closest I've came to ignoring my rule. I had it in my Bud's cart for weeks and couldn't quite pull the trigger. I bought another P220 instead.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    People who buy new revolvers but don't buy new S&W revolvers. Like I said, I would have favored the "classic" N-frames over the Redhawk. I bought the Redhawk new. In a no keyhole world, S&W would have sold more guns, Ruger would have sold less. I owned zero Rugers pre-keyhole.

I don't buy a shit ton of guns, but there are 3 current production S&W revolvers I would have bought new if they were not locked but I bought a Ruger or a used pre-lock version instead. When I made detective I decided to buy another .45 Auto and a Colt DS. I bought the DS used, of course, because that was the only way to do it. I almost bought the Jerry Miculek .45 Auto revolver, and that's quite honestly the closest I've came to ignoring my rule. I had it in my Bud's cart for weeks and couldn't quite pull the trigger. I bought another P220 instead.
    S&W has had the lock brought up to them at every single SHOT show. It’s not going away and they don’t seem too concerned about the lost revenue. S&W doesn’t listen to their customers, they listen to their distributors. Their distributors don’t care about the lock because they know they can get the guns sold. You or me or every member on this forum refusing to buy a new revolver from S&W doesn’t mean squat to them. That’s the point I was trying to get across. That and complaining about the lock doesn’t accomplish anything because, and here I go repeating myself again, S&W does not care.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

S&W has had the lock brought up to them at every single SHOT show. It’s not going away and they don’t seem too concerned about the lost revenue. S&W doesn’t listen to their customers, they listen to their distributors. Their distributors don’t care about the lock because they know they can get the guns sold. You or me or every member on this forum refusing to buy a new revolver from S&W doesn’t mean squat to them. That’s the point I was trying to get across. That and complaining about the lock doesn’t accomplish anything because, and here I go repeating myself again, S&W does not care.
    I don't expect S&W to care or to change, but that wasn't the statement I responded to. Without keyholes I would have bought more S&Ws and fewer Rugers. Nothing more, nothing less. I also don't care if YOU buy keyholed guns. It just ruins the aesthetics and the association with the Clintons ruins any pride of ownership I would have in owning the gun, and aesthetics and pride of ownership are motivators for me in my revolver purchases. Except the LCR. It's purely about function, because aesthetically...woof.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't expect S&W to care or to change, but that wasn't the statement I responded to. Without keyholes I would have bought more S&Ws and fewer Rugers. Nothing more, nothing less. I also don't care if YOU buy keyholed guns. It just ruins the aesthetics and the association with the Clintons ruins any pride of ownership I would have in owning the gun, and aesthetics and pride of ownership are motivators for me in my revolver purchases. Except the LCR. It's purely about function, because aesthetically...woof.
    As I understand it, the statement you responded to stated that there are those who don’t buy the S&W revolvers because they are serious about shooting revolvers, and those who virtue signal about it but wouldn’t have bought one anyway. I think we’re talking odt each other at this point.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

As I understand it, the statement you responded to stated that there are those who don’t buy the S&W revolvers because they are serious about shooting revolvers, and those who virtue signal about it but wouldn’t have bought one anyway. I think we’re talking odt each other at this point.
    The statement I responded to, with emphasis added.

The amount of people who are serious revolver shooters that refuse to buy a new S&W are pretty low compared to the amount of folks
    It wasn't that there were two categories, it was the relative proportion of the two. My response was about that ratio:

"Maybe...." and then indicated my personal reasons for being in the first category, although "serious" probably oversells my shooting of revolvers these days vs "owner of"

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Four months probably seems like a long time if you never bought anything from Milt Sparks or LaRue or Krieger or McMillan or PTG or lots of others that are in demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say, I think I waited about 2-3 months for my last MBT-2S.
    While this doesn't impact my life at all (I am using the rifle with another handguard), this is starting to seem a little ridiculous...
    Name:  Back Order.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  6.8 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    While this doesn't impact my life at all (I am using the rifle with another handguard), this is starting to seem a little ridiculous...
    Name:  Back Order.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  6.8 KB
    That's a while....

User Tag List