View Poll Results: What color Taran Basepads for a G34?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

1 5.88%
  • Flat Black

4 23.53%
  • Titanium Gray

5 29.41%
  • OD Green

1 5.88%
  • Coyote Bronze

1 5.88%
  • Something Else

5 29.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have a third set en route
    Not to twist the knife too much, but I only had to place a single order direct with Taylor Freelance to get what I wanted when I ordered 140mm basepads from them. Why support Taran Tactical when other viable options exist *and* it's apparently a pain in the hind quarters to get the stuff you want from Taran?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Not to twist the knife too much, but I only had to place a single order direct with Taylor Freelance to get what I wanted when I ordered 140mm basepads from them. Why support Taran Tactical when other viable options exist *and* it's apparently a pain in the hind quarters to get the stuff you want from Taran?
    Personal preference I guess.

Having had (briefly) the Taran extensions in my hands, I appreciate the toolless assembly possible with the pins. They were pretty easy to get on and off my Glock mags. And if they are hard to find in stock, maybe it means they are pretty popular. I suppose any of them would work, but this design seems to make the most sense to me.

Anyway, that’s what I ordered; aside from letting me have 23 rounds in a mag, I doubt any choice I made would materially affect my stage performance.

Having had (briefly) the Taran extensions in my hands, I appreciate the toolless assembly possible with the pins. They were pretty easy to get on and off my Glock mags. And if they are hard to find in stock, maybe it means they are pretty popular. I suppose any of them would work, but this design seems to make the most sense to me.
    That's fair. I do have to have a tiny Allen key in my range bag in order to facilitate disassembly/reassembly of my Taylor Freelance ones, so that is a disadvantage. I can understand holding your nose and supporting Mr. Precious if the convenience of that design is important to you.

So this is where I ended up, a pair of basic black that arrived promptly (2 days from ordering) from Shooters Connection:

Name:  IMG_8712.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  93.7 KB

I loaded them with 23 rounds each of AE 115; that needed my Maglula on the last two or three but load they did. Insertion and removal is easier (obviously) with the extended basepad. The added weight may help with mag drops as far as overcoming friction I guess, and the basepad is a handy handle for reloads. I just have the two, so I plan to carry one reload and an emergency 17 rounder on a stage. That should give me 23+23+17 rounds for a stage, if I need more than that, I truly suck.

I'm happy with the color. I am kind of a monochrome person anyway, favoring silvers and grays usually. I've never regretted ordering anything in black. My ability to discern shades is not that bad; really, just some deficits in certain wavelengths that are hard to explain.

I do appreciate all the inputs, thanks all.

Back to Dry Practice.

So this is where I ended up, a pair of basic black that arrived promptly (2 days from ordering) from Shooters Connection:

Name:  IMG_8712.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  93.7 KB

I loaded them with 23 rounds each of AE 115; that needed my Maglula on the last two or three but load they did. Insertion and removal is easier (obviously) with the extended basepad. The added weight may help with mag drops as far as overcoming friction I guess, and the basepad is a handy handle for reloads. I just have the two, so I plan to carry one reload and an emergency 17 rounder on a stage. That should give me 23+23+17 rounds for a stage, if I need more than that, I truly suck.

I'm happy with the color. I am kind of a monochrome person anyway, favoring silvers and grays usually. I've never regretted ordering anything in black. My ability to discern shades is not that bad; really, just some deficits in certain wavelengths that are hard to explain.

I do appreciate all the inputs, thanks all.

Back to Dry Practice.
    Can you seat the 23 rounds with 1 in the chamber?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I have not tried that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Sorry for delay, I only just tried this today. Yes, a 23 mag will seat with one in the chamber.

It was pretty tight tho. I’m thinking it will just be mentally easier for to use 23 + a spare 23 on a stage, and just start with 22+1 after the load and make ready. My first CO match is 6/20.

Friendly tip:

Don’t have 23 in your reload.

It’s the same as trying to reload 23+1 and you’ll have to jam in the reload much harder.

Seat 22 or less in your reload (you’ll generally only need 20 or less for a CO reload).

That gives enough spring compliance in the magazine for easier seating.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Friendly tip:

Don’t have 23 in your reload.

It’s the same as trying to reload 23+1 and you’ll have to jam in the reload much harder.

Seat 22 or less in your reload (you’ll generally only need 20 or less for a CO reload).

That gives enough spring compliance in the magazine for easier seating.
    *slaps forehead*

*slaps forehead*
    Oh I’ve done it and failed.

I’ve done it on a stage start and failed too.

So now I start 22+1 unless I really need all the extra rounds, but then I slam that effer in and check the chamber before starting.

I usually load 20 in a reload most of the time.

User Tag List