View Poll Results: What color Taran Basepads for a G34?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

1 5.88%
  • Flat Black

4 23.53%
  • Titanium Gray

5 29.41%
  • OD Green

1 5.88%
  • Coyote Bronze

1 5.88%
  • Something Else

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

I'd go with whatever is easiest to find in the range bag. Or HK red, always choose HK red.
    Taking a break from social media.

Whatever color you like, of Henning or Springer Precision basepad.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is Precious Pink an option?

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    I’ll admit I only opened this thread to like the first comment making this joke. Ok, and to see if it was a poll answer option.

I've used almost all the major base pad brands for Glocks (Dawson, TTI, Arredondo, Taylor Freelance). The best one by far are the Dawson's. They are the easiest on/off without needing a tool, you can easily remove them without bending or kinking the spring, and there are no small parts to lose (i.e. the little pin on the TTI pads that will eventually work their way out). TTI does have prettier anodizing though.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    So we could have the pink with "fuzzy fur to provide protection and style." Kind of a landing strip, so to speak.
    Nice.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Thanks guys, I placed an order this morning. Appreciate the input.

Site Supporter
    I would not give the man a dime, even it that meant spending more for comparable quality etc.

As I am otherwise outside of my lane, I would defer to those who have used extended base pads in a meaningful way.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks guys, I placed an order this morning. Appreciate the input.
    Or so I thought.

Good Lord, what a goat rope.

The first order was to Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. Normally these guys are very reliable and stock is shipped fast. Unfortunately, the color I wanted ("Flat Black") turns out to be "not in stock", but this was only after they charged my credit card. Ok, fine, I just had to wait until they refunded my order, which took a few days.

Then, casting around for options, I found another set on eBay. I normally am not thrilled to order using eBay, but it seemed like as a commodity item, this would be ok. So I ordered and waited 5 days for the USPS to deliver them. Turns out that one was "Titanium Gray" and one was "T. Gray".

Name:  IMG_8663.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  64.5 KB

You'd think maybe that they would be the same color...but nope. Even color blind me could tell they were not the same. Well, that would not do, so back they went to the seller for a refund, causing another delay.

I have a third set en route from Shooters Connection, which is showing arrival tomorrow. In the end, I just figured I'd not worry about color and ordered them in "Black". Not sure which black this is, black, or flat black, but at this point I don't really care. I just want to get set up for CO. If I need another one, hopefully it will be the same black. I've never regretted ordering anything shooting related in black.

Geez.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-22-2021 at 09:22 AM.

@RJ I know you're color blind, but, in case you were wondering, you did not end up with the "Precious Pink" ones.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    @RJ I know you're color blind, but, in case you were wondering, you did not end up with the "Precious Pink" ones.
    Not gonna lie, they'd go well with the slippers I plan to wear at my inaugural CO match.

Name:  slippies.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  51.2 KB

User Tag List