View Poll Results: What color Taran Basepads for a G34?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

1 5.88%
  • Flat Black

4 23.53%
  • Titanium Gray

5 29.41%
  • OD Green

1 5.88%
  • Coyote Bronze

1 5.88%
  • Something Else

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

Geez, I sound like a teenager: I need some input on what color to pick for a couple Taran Tactical Glock +4/5 basepads for CO for use in a Glock 34 Gen 5. In my defense, I'm part color blind, and I am having a hard time picturing the colors on the web; they kind of appear varying shades to me?

I've eliminated the obvious wrong answers for me; so no purple, no red, no blue. They're fine, just not what I'm looking for.

What's left is Black, Flat Black, Titanium Gray, OD Green and Coyote Bronze.

The black matches the gun but seems shiny in the pictures, maybe too shiny. I like the flat black but I'm struggling with exactly what that is. The Titanium Gray looks ok, and would be lighter in color to pick up on a stage, maybe. Not sure about OD green. And Coyote, I assume is for a .mil gun (which I don't have, obviously.)

Which one should I pick?

Is Precious Pink an option?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Seriously, Flat black would probably be the way to go.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is Precious Pink an option?
    Name:  CD3B27F8-0A7F-4F7F-9FBB-2D58E513B19D.jpeg
Views: 547
Size:  21.3 KB

PS that was Mrs. RJ’s input as well.

I am the worst person to ask about colors as I have no real opinions and have been told that, "All my taste is in my mouth." So I go by function. The extensions are made from hard anodized aluminum. As such, dropping them will scratch the dyed anodized finish. With aluminum, my usual practice is to choose the color closest to raw aluminum so the scratches are less noticeable. From your list that would be "titanium gray".

It doesn’t really matter what color you pick, because if you shoot matches with them they will get beat to crap and be as much exposed aluminum as the original color. I have flat black and the brown.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  845A262F-D646-4351-8B3F-664CF1371B30.jpeg
Views: 525
Size:  96.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    You won’t scuff up the anodizing if you use 3m spray adhesive to glue on some protective faux zebra or leopard fur or whatever your favorite animal fur is. Just don’t use a just a printed fabric, it needs to be actual fuzzy fur to provide protection and style.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    You won’t scuff up the anodizing if you use 3m spray adhesive to glue on some protective faux zebra or leopard fur or whatever your favorite animal fur is. Just don’t use a just a printed fabric, it needs to be actual fuzzy fur to provide protection and style.
    So we could have the pink with "fuzzy fur to provide protection and style." Kind of a landing strip, so to speak.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Name:  D2BC04E9-011D-49FD-A74E-D7107B479543.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  22.0 KB

Fabulous Periwinkle or nuthin
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List