View Poll Results: What color Taran Basepads for a G34?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

1 5.88%
  • Flat Black

4 23.53%
  • Titanium Gray

5 29.41%
  • OD Green

1 5.88%
  • Coyote Bronze

1 5.88%
  • Something Else

5 29.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Whatever color you like, of Henning or Springer Precision basepad.
    I have used all three extensively and I would strongly disagree with this statement.

1. Springer - As much as I like everything else they do, their basepads are no go because of the small screw used to secure the basepads. It is a royal pain in the rear to remove the basebads to clean the mags. You need a special tool to do that and it is very easy to strip them and/or lose them.

2. With Hennings you lose 1 rds and get only 22ds in the mags vs 23 with TTI.

3. TTI is the way to go. You get +6rd and you do not need any tool to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I've used almost all the major base pad brands for Glocks (Dawson, TTI, Arredondo, Taylor Freelance). The best one by far are the Dawson's. They are the easiest on/off without needing a tool, you can easily remove them without bending or kinking the spring, and there are no small parts to lose (i.e. the little pin on the TTI pads that will eventually work their way out). TTI does have prettier anodizing though.
    Thanks for the input. I’ll get one of those to try out alongside the TTI ones.

I know it’s too late, but I’ll add this anyway...

When I bought base pads for my S2, I got 5 different colors. That way if one fails, I can identify it instantly. Currently they all work, but “blue“ doesn’t lock the slide back. Haven’t figured out why yet, but at least I know not to start with that one or even use it as a first reload.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Friendly tip:

Don’t have 23 in your reload.

It’s the same as trying to reload 23+1 and you’ll have to jam in the reload much harder.

Seat 22 or less in your reload (you’ll generally only need 20 or less for a CO reload).

That gives enough spring compliance in the magazine for easier seating.
    That was kinda why I mentioned. Idk about the Glock but on the sig loading a 23 on the fly is tough. I did add a grams spring kit so now I feel comfortable with 23+1 because it gives extra cushion.

Also just food for thought but the latest gear survey TTI was pretty unanimous the most popular pick. Name:  07AFFA5C-F641-49D1-B3C5-32E01F40BD7B.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  49.1 KB
    Last edited by JCS; 06-09-2021 at 10:14 AM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I have a bunch of Taran 140mm Glock extensions, and they are very reliable but I only get 22 until the springs get worn enough I want to replace them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I've used almost all the major base pad brands for Glocks (Dawson, TTI, Arredondo, Taylor Freelance). The best one by far are the Dawson's. They are the easiest on/off without needing a tool, you can easily remove them without bending or kinking the spring, and there are no small parts to lose (i.e. the little pin on the TTI pads that will eventually work their way out). TTI does have prettier anodizing though.
    Yet to make it to a match because:reasons, but I’ve noticed the little pins on the TTI basepads seem to be working their way out in static live fire at the square range. No bueno. Argh.

I ordered a Dawson to try out:

https://benstoegerproshop.com/dawson...nded-base-pad/

Thanks again for the suggestion.

I’ve done it on a stage start and failed too.
    ^
    This. A little over a week ago I was shooting a stage with an unloaded start and I tried to start with 22 in the mag (Walther mags are a tight fit with 22, so I should have been starting with 21). I slammed it into the gun (not hard enough), and as I was moving my hand up to rack the slide, I felt the gun go light and saw my full mag headed toward the ground and had to go for another one from my belt - probably cost me around 2 seconds between realizing the problem and rectifying it. Won't be making that mistake again...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yet to make it to a match because:reasons, but I’ve noticed the little pins on the TTI basepads seem to be working their way out in static live fire at the square range. No bueno. Argh.

Tighten the Allen key on the basepad.
    My pins stay put.

Tighten the Allen key on the basepad.
    My pins stay put.
    Thanks.

Had to wait till today to take a look at these. I went a full half turn fairly easily on both; not sure why they were loose. I mean, I did not loc tite anything just snugged them down with a teeny hex until I felt they were secure. Should be good; headed to the square range tomorrow to shake them out.

Name:  IMG_9203.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  33.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

So this arrived...I like it. Appreciate the suggestion by @Gio. The Dawson pad is two pieces, literally, just the basepad and slider section. Install is easy, I filed the rear of the follower as suggested and was able to get 23 in (ok, barely, the Uplula helped a lot).

I think of the two types I have now, I prefer the Dawsons; no pins to walk out, and simple design. I like the color of the silver, of course, which may be the real reason.

Name:  IMG_9224.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9225.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  103.1 KB

User Tag List