View Poll Results: What color Taran Basepads for a G34?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

1 5.88%
  • Flat Black

4 23.53%
  • Titanium Gray

5 29.41%
  • OD Green

1 5.88%
  • Coyote Bronze

1 5.88%
  • Something Else

5 29.41%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taran Tactical Glock Basepad Color Poll

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks.

Had to wait till today to take a look at these. I went a full half turn fairly easily on both; not sure why they were loose. I mean, I did not loc tite anything just snugged them down with a teeny hex until I felt they were secure. Should be good; headed to the square range tomorrow to shake them out.

Attachment 73092
    Interesting! I either completely missed those set screws or it's a new design feature they didn't have when I tried them out 7 or so years ago. Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Interesting! I either completely missed those set screws or it's a new design feature they didn't have when I tried them out 7 or so years ago. Thanks for the update!
    With a little tweaking you can get the tension and friction set so you can push the pin by hand but they don’t walk by themselves. I keep the appropriate size hex stuck to my range cart with a magnet just in case.

I just wanted to post back with an update/PSA.

So I have refactored my Dry Practicing lately, with the arrival of the Steve Anderson books I ordered late September. I am doing about 30-45 minutes a day. I have a primary reload pouch with the TTI magazine.

What I noticed this morning was that the little pin on the TTI mag extention had worked it's way down, heading towards the point at which it allows the basepad to slip off. What I found was that the brass insert I have (Glockstore Thugplug) on the grip of my G34 actually comes into contact with the pin. It's ever so slight in slow time, but there are a lot of press/reload/press drills in Steve's Drills, so I've been reloading like crazy. An energetic reload is going to smack that pin, every time.

I ended up dremeling a slight clearance cut in the brass of the insert, to allow some clearance for the pin, and retorqued the screw head.

I think at this point I vastly prefer the Dawson basepad extention, which have a sliding/locking feature that doesn't rely on one of these little pins in the basepad, like the TTI.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I just wanted to post back with an update/PSA.

So I have refactored my Dry Practicing lately, with the arrival of the Steve Anderson books I ordered late September. I am doing about 30-45 minutes a day. I have a primary reload pouch with the TTI magazine.

What I noticed this morning was that the little pin on the TTI mag extention had worked it's way down, heading towards the point at which it allows the basepad to slip off. What I found was that the brass insert I have (Glockstore Thugplug) on the grip of my G34 actually comes into contact with the pin. It's ever so slight in slow time, but there are a lot of press/reload/press drills in Steve's Drills, so I've been reloading like crazy. An energetic reload is going to smack that pin, every time.

I ended up dremeling a slight clearance cut in the brass of the insert, to allow some clearance for the pin, and retorqued the screw head.

I think at this point I vastly prefer the Dawson basepad extention, which have a sliding/locking feature that doesn't rely on one of these little pins in the basepad, like the TTI.
    Thanks for the update - I need a third baseplate and I had recently purchased two TTI’s.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Anyone know where to find the Dawson’s? It looks like they’re out of stock and/or discontinued everywhere I look. Barring that, TTI the best fall back?

It’s a tough pill to swallow that the host mag is $25, the 24rd OEM mags are $30 (not CO legal), but the extensions (admittedly nicer aluminum) are $40-50.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List