Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally broke the 1.7s reload barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Cool.

My best is around 2.5 with either speed loaders or moon clips. I've only ever timed my self live fire. My timer won't register dry fire.
    2.5 in match conditions is legit though; especially if you're looking at an IDPA stage with speedloaders.

Couple of upgrades

Name:  5356BA17-B86E-4757-A0F1-F42E4192977C.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  91.9 KB

Did the Apex hammer, installed the HiViz front sight instead of the gold bead, put extended cylinder release on it and cushy grippy grips.

Will see if equipment can cut a little more time off the reload. I think the extended release might help get the cylinder open a little earlier.

Why the front sight with a dot? It is the DX quick change sight system so only took a few seconds. I plan on training index with the dot and then eventually taking it off for USPSA classifiers.

1.62 sec best

Now down to 1.62 seconds with the addition of the extended cylinder release and lighter trigger.

I’m going to call the equipment good enough now.

I’ll practice so that I can actually hit something with those trigger pulls lol.

But good to know the general reload mechanics are solid and the equipment isn’t holding me back.

Basically 2/10s from gear modifications.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Now down to 1.62 seconds with the addition of the extended cylinder release and lighter trigger.

I’m going to call the equipment good enough now.

I’ll practice so that I can actually hit something with those trigger pulls lol.

But good to know the general reload mechanics are solid and the equipment isn’t holding me back.

Basically 2/10s from gear modifications.
    Might need to change that N (ETA: in your screen name) to an M if you start shaving much more time off there...

Really impressive.

ETA:

1.57 reload. I mean... I know this is raw speed. But that’s in the ball park with Jerry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw
    Last edited by BWT; 04-08-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  5356BA17-B86E-4757-A0F1-F42E4192977C.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  91.9 KB

Did the Apex hammer, installed the HiViz front sight instead of the gold bead, put extended cylinder release on it and cushy grippy grips.

Will see if equipment can cut a little more time off the reload. I think the extended release might help get the cylinder open a little earlier.

Why the front sight with a dot? It is the DX quick change sight system so only took a few seconds. I plan on training index with the dot and then eventually taking it off for USPSA classifiers.
    What sight mounting plate are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    What sight mounting plate are you using ?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/allchin...o-holosun.html

Allchin

Off season stuff

In the off season from USPSA, I goof off with stuff and try to work on new skill.

I picked up PCC and worked that in January.

But the 2 pound short trigger was making my pistol trigger skills atrophy so I had the thought of working some revolver back into the mix.

Worked on my splits and reloads for a week or two.

I’m into the 1.5x range.

User Tag List