Thread: ALFA PROJECT 9MM

ALFA PROJECT 9MM

I purchased this ALFA PROJECT last weekend. I shot 200 rounds of 9mm 115 FMJ and a few Speer Gold dot 124 grain +p.
    The gun is well built, heavy handles recoil well. The single action has a little creep and double action is a little heavy but I think with use it will be better.
    The full moon clips are easy to load with the grooves, can be loaded/unloaded without a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by R89074 View Post
    I purchased this ALFA PROJECT last weekend. I shot 200 rounds of 9mm 115 FMJ and a few Speer Gold dot 124 grain +p.
    The gun is well built, heavy handles recoil well. The single action has a little creep and double action is a little heavy but I think with use it will be better.
    The full moon clips are easy to load with the grooves, can be loaded/unloaded without a tool.
    I don't see much about these. I'd be interested in any observations you have on it.

The crane area looks vaguely Charter Arms-ish (or LCR-ish). How is cylinder axis lockup handled at the front?

The crane/yoke is held in with a screw in the front of the frame.
    Coil spring in the butt the trigger return is a coil spring with "legs" held in by a screw.
    Finish is good no buff or mill marks.
    A I stated above slight creep in single action, double action is a bit heavy I will get poundage readings.

Photos of inside

Hammer and trigger pins are loose not fitted into frame.
    Last edited by R89074; 02-24-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Simple as DA revolvers go. I don't see much to do about that torsion trigger spring except to bend another one out of smaller wire.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I could not locate a vendor for one of these revolvers. Are they available?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I could not locate a vendor for one of these revolvers. Are they available?
    They used to be imported by Czechpoint who also did the VZ-58. They don't seem to have a website anymore so I assume they're out of business.

I think Rock Island picked up the importation of the Alfa Proj revolvers. This says Armscor. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...-357-revolver/ I don't know what the relationship between Rock Island and Armscor is.

There are a bunch on gunbroker right now: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...d%20al&Sort=13

edit: and by a bunch I mean 3. Probably should filtered those gb search results

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I don't see much to do about that torsion trigger spring
    Getting Colt MkV vibes from that trigger/rebound spring. I think Rock Island's other revolvers-- the ones that look vaguely Dick Special-ish-- use a similar setup.

The ad by RIA/Armscor is a hoot, either a machine translation or just not English first language... or second.
    https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/55939...231B---9MM.jpg
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List