Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR: Tac-Con 2021 at the Dallas Pistol Club March 26-28, 2021

AAR: Tac-Con 2021 at the Dallas Pistol Club March 26-28, 2021

My experience at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference this year. TL,DR - best venue yet, awesome training opportunities. Some real heavy hitters sharing hard won wisdom.

https://wp.me/p6gwfx-2Q9

I have been presenting at TacCon for a while now. I started at the original Rangemaster facility itself, then a couple years at the Memphis Police Academy, a couple of years at DARC in Little Rock, a year in NOLA, and now the Dallas Pistol Club. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, you are 100% correct. This was the best facility, with the best environment of any TacCon in the past 10 years.

Even with only one food truck option per day, the range is only about 10 minutes away from other choices if someone really wants different food, and it is easy to get around to and from the range. It would be cool to have more trucks in, but I think we are so short of space that they have to limit it to one each day. Plus, the club went out of their way to make things as easy as possible for everything to go off. When Tom told me Sunday afternoon that we are back there next year, I was so fricking happy.

I truly believe next year will be even better.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I am glad you liked it. We likely saw each other if you were in Lee's shooting class in one on the action bays.

This was my 7th Tac-Con, and I honestly thought it was the best I have experienced. Logistically, I think this was a better venue for food and bathrooms than DARC or NOLATAC. It's also easier to reach with DFW airport and Love Field, along with major highway access.

I was doing the RSO thing all three days. All the shooters I witnessed were polite and professional in their gun-handling. I made a bunch of new friends, and got to chat with previous ones. Whiskey, books and cigars were bestowed, and great dinner conversations were had.

DPC is my home range, and we were delighted with the condition of the range on Monday morning. Tiffany, Aqil and crew did a super job, with the assistance of some folks from DPC.

A very positive report was made to the Board of Directors for the host club, and we're looking forward to having everyone back next year.

I have only been to one since they left Memphis. Glad to heat they are going so well. Nice report. Why had you not shot in 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have only been to one since they left Memphis. Glad to heat they are going so well. Nice report. Why had you not shot in 6 months?
    I took a management job in the office with the same employer that I’ve worked for after 16 years on the road. This has had good points and bad points. I went from a Sun-Wed schedule with 3 days a week off and two early days that allowed me ample range time to a M-F schedule that approaches 60-70 hours a week. So the short version is time. Simply haven’t had time. I’m going to make time going forward, I just haven’t quite figured out how.

Site Supporter
    Michael Bane's video from the conference, an overview.

https://www.michaelbane.tv/tac-con-2...e-books/50035/

I'm LJP's partner at the CivilianGunfighter blog. I didn't make it to TacCon this year (I attended in 2017 and 2019). Schedule/time/$ all interfered with me going this year.

I just wanted to state here that I heard from someone else, a person who has attended about 15 TacCons in the past, that the 2021 iteration was the best ever, largely--but not only--due to the venue, which he said was just outstanding (the venue itself coupled with its location within the US, roughly four hours from anywhere and right near a big city where deals on flights are easy to come by, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Michael Bane's video from the conference, an overview.https://www.michaelbane.tv/tac-con-2...e-books/50035/
    Thanks for the link, Tom!

Folks, if you are not following Mr Bane's work, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Michael Bane is truly a kind and gracious gentlemen. It's been my pleasure to dine and chat with him several times, and you could rarely find a person as cordial or knowledgeable. It is always a great pleasure to see him.

He ranks very high on my "give that fellow a bottle of whiskey" list.

Student
    Here is a link to a compilation of post-event content on Greg Ellifritz's blog, which includes some of the stuff already mentioned in this thread.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...aster-round-up

Thank you for the kind words about my lecture. This was the first Tac Con I've missed since 2003 and it killed me.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List