Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New wilderness low pro edc belt doesn’t seem to stay put. Advice needed

New wilderness low pro edc belt doesn’t seem to stay put. Advice needed

Finally received my new wilderness low pro edc belt. I’m fairly new to carry belts so go easy on me! When I put the belt on I notice that the buckle does little to stop the belt from slipping through. It seems to rely almost entirely on the Velcro to hold the belt cinched. Is this normal for all belts like this?

Thanks. It does looks like a very HQ belt, btw.

I’m interested to hear about it as it’s marketed towards AIWB. I’ve only used their Instructor belts.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Are you threading the belt through the buckle twice?

Should look like this.

Name:  3D93ECD8-3A7B-47D2-A226-7111AC47020F.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  28.9 KB

As per @NPV, that's how Wilderness suggests. Same as my Mastermind Tactics, in fact every type of belt I've ever had with one of those buckles threads that way. Absolutely no problem in retention; the velcro is just to keep the belt cinched down.

I assume it's this one?

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/lowpro-edc-belt/

I’ve been wearing one since they first came out... just thread it through the buckle twice as previously mentioned.

Find a tutorial, on how this type of buckle operates. The buckle, alone, keeps the belt tight. The Velcro part simply serves to keep the loose part from flapping about.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Are you threading the belt through the buckle twice?

Should look like this.

Name:  3D93ECD8-3A7B-47D2-A226-7111AC47020F.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  28.9 KB
    I think so. See picture. I notice that when I pull the belt tight while on my waist, it will retract and pull back through unless it’s secured to the Velcro. In other words, it will not stay tight unless attached to the Velcro. It just doesn’t seem to be biting the buckle, if that makes any sense.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That looks correct to me. I can pull the tag end back through if unsecured too but I’d have to be doing it deliberately, it’s not something I’ve ever had an issue with when wearing the belt. For reference the belt supports a 5” Government 1911 and a spare 8 round mag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    That looks correct to me. I can pull the tag end back through if unsecured too but I’d have to be doing it deliberately, it’s not something I’ve ever had an issue with when wearing the belt. For reference the belt supports a 5” Government 1911 and a spare 8 round mag for me.
    Thanks. I was initially just concerned that I felt my belt was relying on the Velcro and when that eventually wears out, the belt won’t stay snug

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Thanks. I was initially just concerned that I felt my belt was relying on the Velcro and when that eventually wears out, the belt won’t stay snug
    Wilderness has refreshed the velcro you are referencing on a few of my belts for very reasonable cost.

User Tag List