Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli inertial autoloader trigger work?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Benelli inertial autoloader trigger work?

I have a Benelli with an absolutely horrible trigger. It's not unreasonably heavy, but has a truly astonishing amount of creep that is also gritty. The stock 1301 trigger humiliates it, and my only other shotgun at this point is a 1301 with the Briley trigger pack (for 922(r) compliance, not because it needed a nicer trigger). I could probably get rid of the grit, but I don't care to mess with creep myself.

It's a substantially different gun than the 1301, for different purposes, so "sell it and buy another 1301" isn't really applicable. The 1301 with the duck barrel on it is 14 ounces heavier than this Benelli. The Benelli is for carrying a lot and shooting a little.

Briley has a trigger pack for the Benelli, so that's an option, but it's kinda spendy. Would just as soon have the stock stuff cleaned up if that's an option, since 922(r) isn't going to be an issue for this gun.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with various smiths and their work on Benelli autoloader triggers.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I have a Benelli with an absolutely horrible trigger. It's not unreasonably heavy, but has a truly astonishing amount of creep that is also gritty. The stock 1301 trigger humiliates it, and my only other shotgun at this point is a 1301 with the Briley trigger pack (for 922(r) compliance, not because it needed a nicer trigger). I could probably get rid of the grit, but I don't care to mess with creep myself.

It's a substantially different gun than the 1301, for different purposes, so "sell it and buy another 1301" isn't really applicable. The 1301 with the duck barrel on it is 14 ounces heavier than this Benelli. The Benelli is for carrying a lot and shooting a little.

Briley has a trigger pack for the Benelli, so that's an option, but it's kinda spendy. Would just as soon have the stock stuff cleaned up if that's an option, since 922(r) isn't going to be an issue for this gun.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with various smiths and their work on Benelli autoloader triggers.
    I think Taran and Benny Hill work the trigger as part of their packages. If it is a defensive shotgun, I would say just suck it up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you are not opposed to a trigger shoe on a field gun Id try that as the least expensive option first.
    Doesnt Benelli offer some kind of service on their own guns? Or smiths whose service they recommend?
    The last thing I can think of is the trapshooting forums. Surely in that sport there are some well known gunsmiths.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-04-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Taran Tactical sells trigger springs and Freedom Fighter Tactical sells trigger springs and parts. I haven’t tried them but it might be worth looking into.

Springs are not the issue. It's the mile of creep plus grittiness. Almost like a new Glock.

It is not a defensive shotgun, unless I'm worried about being pecked to death by upland game birds. It has 2+1 mag capacity and cannot accept an extension.
    Not another dime.

Delete
    Last edited by DamonL; 04-04-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Delete

Geissele makes a hammer that helps, it is billed as M4 but I have them in several M2's
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

I don't see any Benelli shotgun triggers on the Geissele site now. I did see references in my searching to them being discontinued and (pre-Covid) going for ~$300 when they came up for sale.

Also found this:

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/vie...?f=61&t=367195
    beradon
    Post subject: Re: 7lb trigger...can the Benelli trigger go less?PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm
    Rob Roberts Gun Works( http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com )in AR builds some of the guns that come out of Benelli / Berettas custom shop. He has the jigs and cnc specs to lighten Benelli triggers properly and his turnaround is about 2 weeks. He charges about 100.00
    https://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/trigger-work

It would be ~2/3 the price of just getting the Briley parts installed if I have to ship the whole gun both ways.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List