Thread: You are all invited to a memorial service for my friends Graham and Connor

You are all invited to a memorial service for my friends Graham and Connor

This is just language the first draft of a proposed bill. It isn't the law yet and may die or change, but this is language from an introduced bill in Colorado:

"Peace officers shall avoid the use of physical force when possible. A law enforcement officer shall not use physical force upon another person unless the officer has exhausted all reasonable de-escalation tactics and techniques and, based on the totality of the circumstances, such force is proportionate and necessary to effect an arrest, prevent an escape, or prevent an imminent threat of harm to the peace officer or another person.

A peace officer shall use only a degree of force consistent with the minimization of injury to a person subject to the use of force.

A peace officer shall not use deadly physical force upon another person unless it is used as a last resort."

I think Glock and Sig may start losing out police contracts to these guys:

Name:  nerf.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  50.7 KB

Don't laugh at Colorado too hard; you may be next!

The attack on citizen use of force to defend against assault or robbery comes next.

Didn’t Colorado neuter QI as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    The attack on citizen use of force to defend against assault or robbery comes next.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Didn’t Colorado neuter QI as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, not neutered; killed and cremated it. Of course that is only for cases brought in state court based on the state constitution, but they simultaneously made that much more appealing venue for lawsuits.

It's kind of open season on cops. Now the crime rate and especially violent crime rate, is going up fast and we are all shocked at that. I mean, who would have thought that the crime rate might be affected by causing a bunch of cops to quit and retire and many still on the job to minimize self-initiated activities likely to result in force situations?

Various legislators and executives around the country seem to be having some sort of competition to see who is the most progressive/woke/anti-police in their respective groups. It was a mistake when we started allowing elected people to call themselves "leaders" instead of representatives. They started believing it and now the public does, too.

Mob rule is the ultimate consequence of this current course of action. I can only imagine the shock , surprise and horror from the chattering class when citizens grow tired of these antics and decide to start festooning trees and light-poles with "criminals" in extra-judicial rage fests. Third world, here we come!

Who do I lobby for reinforced lamp posts? They are going to be plenty strength tested in the coming days.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List