Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A perfect world ahead.................

This article reminded me of the Disney movie Zootopia. The movie was bullshit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    This article reminded me of the Disney movie Zootopia. The movie was bullshit, too.
    I think Mary Poppins was a Disney movie also.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think Mary Poppins was a Disney movie also.
    Just have to change the contents of the "spoonful" to make it relevant.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Nikis brothers duty belt that he no longer wears included a revolver.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    One of our first female patrol Officers was Black and she lived in her family’s house in a small but a high crime and gang area neighborhood. This was over 30 years ago. I couldn’t make it past “one of the first Black Officers”. These people have no concept of the evil that’s out there.
    I recall working with a Latino officer who was pretty new to the department . Within abut 18 months on the job, he left. He just could not take the all times he was called a "coconut," and told he needed to cut people breaks because of shared ethnicity, and the hate he got when he refused. He talked about how his former school-mates and neighbors shunned him and how his family did not want him to visit them in the old neighborhood because they were afraid they would be victimized, etc.
    He took a job at the post office. Maybe someone should write some stories about that. (It occurs tome that I may have been unclear...the abuse was not from within the department, but from the community)

I have known and worked with black cops for many, many years, including patrol cops, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, commanders and chiefs. I don't know what to say to people who think these cops somehow don't exist.

Then there was the white guy I worked with who moved into the city and not knowing his way around or thinking to ask where he could live, moved into the "wrong" area. I guess that sounds bad to say, but it was one of those areas where rocks wold come flying over a fence and hit your patrol car while driving by, and you called in an additional unit to watch your car while on a call, so there was still air in the tires when you came back.

Between the vandalism and graffiti to his car and to the exterior of his apartment, the threats to him and his family, being unable to sit outside or walk in the neighborhood without being harassed or watched, he was a bit stressed. When someone broke into the apartment, stole the usual stuff and spray painted "pig" and similar all over the apartment and defecated and urinated on the bed and elsewhere, he decided to move himself and his pregnant wife to a different neighborhood.

But you know, if it weren't for those nasty guns and tasers and handcuffs, and we weren't beating people up all the time and arresting them for no reason, then people would have been nice to us. Right?
    Last edited by jd950; 04-03-2021 at 04:53 PM.

It's a nice idea, if one wants to see vigilantes and lynchings make a comeback. Or if one is hoping to use the resulting chaos and breakdown of law & order to replace our current system with literal jackbooted thugs. Or both.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I recall working with a Latino officer who was pretty new to the department . Within abut 18 months on the job, he left. He just could not take the all times he was called a "coconut," and told he needed to cut people breaks because of shared ethnicity, and the hate he got when he refused. He talked about how his former school-mates and neighbors shunned him and how his family did not want him to visit them in the old neighborhood because they were afraid they would be victimized, etc.
    He took a job at the post office. Maybe someone should write some stories about that. (It occurs tome that I may have been unclear...the abuse was not from within the department, but from the community)

I have known and worked with black cops for many, many years, including patrol cops, detectives, sergeants, lieutenants, commanders and chiefs. I don't know what to say to people who think these cops somehow don't exist.

Then there was the white guy I worked with who moved into the city and not knowing his way around or thinking to ask where he could live, moved into the "wrong" area. I guess that sounds bad to say, but it was one of those areas where rocks wold come flying over a fence and hit your patrol car while driving by, and you called in an additional unit to watch your car while on a call, so there was still air in the tires when you came back.

Between the vandalism and graffiti to his car and to the exterior of his apartment, the threats to him and his family, being unable to sit outside or walk in the neighborhood without being harassed or watched, he was a bit stressed. When someone broke into the apartment, stole the usual stuff and spray painted "pig" and similar all over the apartment and defecated and urinated on the bed and elsewhere, he decided to move himself and his pregnant wife to a different neighborhood.

But you know, if it weren't for those nasty guns and tasers and handcuffs, and we weren't beating people up all the time and arresting them for no reason, then people would have been nice to us. Right?
    I’ve seen everything you posted.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    One of our first female patrol Officers was Black and she lived in her family’s house in a small but a high crime and gang area neighborhood. This was over 30 years ago. I couldn’t make it past “one of the first Black Officers”. These people have no concept of the evil that’s out there.
    Yeah that sort of blew my mind. I refuse to believe that most Americans have never seen a black cop. Like, wtf. I'd love to see an article marveling at "the first black doctor" the author has ever met like this is noteworthy in the year 2021. The racism there is not especially subtle.

and yes, I'll never forget the first time I saw someone die in front of me: shot to death over a dispute about the volume of a stereo. Or the guy who was in the ED pre-detention for strangling an old man to death, in broad daylight, on a Sunday morning. etc.

I think that if you are someone who chooses not to believe that this happens, you will never see it unless you are exposed to it firsthand. Even as someone who was never a skeptic, my very brief glimpse into that world forever changed my view of things. To me, the views espoused by the author of the article are just evidence of a worldview that can only exist when you're privileged enough to have never seen the monstrous things that people do to each other.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-03-2021 at 06:25 PM.

What a Wonderful World...

Cue Louis Armstrong...

https://youtu.be/e1FN047_LT0

Video not embedded to avoid sidetrack.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's a nice idea, if one wants to see vigilantes and lynchings make a comeback. Or if one is hoping to use the resulting chaos and breakdown of law & order to replace our current system with literal jackbooted thugs. Or both.
    I'll keep my carbine just in case everyone decides to defund the Po Po and social justice is once again popular.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List