Thread: The Philosophy of Reactive Shooting

The Philosophy of Reactive Shooting

Back in ‘09, they sent me thru FLETC’s version of Reactive pistol shooting. 40-hour, five day course. By the end of the week our hands were covered with band-aids. Don’t bring a security holster. Your target will have turned by the time you clear leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Back in ‘09, they sent me thru FLETC’s version of Reactive pistol shooting. 40-hour, five day course. By the end of the week our hands were covered with band-aids. Don’t bring a security holster. Your target will have turned by the time you clear leather.
    I went through Roger's with a Raptor holster, the holster wasn't my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I did the same course in '05. Ever since I've carried a wide variety of waterproof "sport" band aids in my range bag.

We had one guy with SUPER fast twitch muscle response who managed to hit the target more than once on a .5 second exposure. Best I did was about .9 - and cut the paper as it turned back on the .8... Not sure if it was a great course or not, it was the beginning of the "any fast hit is better than a slow accurate hit" thought process, and we heard lots of talk about how "spreading out your hits will lead to faster bleed out..." But I sure as shit had a LOT of fun burning through 3K rounds in less than four full training days.

User Tag List