Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Holosun HE509T for $399.99

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    The for sale ads are being labeled as a closeout price.

I would imagine that Holosun is probably releasing something "new". Kind of curious as to how you make this thing better. I adore my 509 and have no real complaints other than the mounting screw being kind of chintzy and poorly finished.
    Something with less distortion would be a pretty big improvement for me. I noticed a pretty big variance in the ones that I've used with the "best" units being only slightly worse than an RMR and the "worst" units actually being a little difficult to use because of it.

I replied in the other Holosun thread, but from what i heard they are updating the 509t with better more clear glass and a new circuit board that lets you have the dot, dot/circle or just the circle. Should be out in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    At that price I'll definitely be buying one as soon as they put their 8MOA ring reticle on it.
    I'd even take their 6 MOA dot they put in the 407k.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Something with less distortion would be a pretty big improvement for me. I noticed a pretty big variance in the ones that I've used with the "best" units being only slightly worse than an RMR and the "worst" units actually being a little difficult to use because of it.
    Unfortunately, this can be said for the entire Holosun lineup. There are huge variances between samples of the same model line.

Having said this, i've found the distortion to still be better, even on the worst samples than anything Trijicon has ever put out in the RMR lineup. In my opinion, Trijicon glass in their red dot optics is absolute garbage. The exception to that opinion being the SRO. The SRO to me is extremely clear edge to edge and the magnification is about as close to zero as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    I replied in the other Holosun thread, but from what i heard they are updating the 509t with better more clear glass and a new circuit board that lets you have the dot, dot/circle or just the circle. Should be out in a month or two.
    In speaking to somebody fairly close to the source, I believe this to be accurate. Definitely a lens redesign. Probably a fringe benefit for Holosun of getting to call it an X2 and making the nomenclature line up with the rest of the pistol optics. For most folks this will be a great opportunity to get a cheap 509T. Hopefully the green dot 509T gets here soon.

Optics Planet has HE509T for $289 if you use their coupon code. I think the 15% off code runs until the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Optics Planet has HE509T for $289 if you use their coupon code. I think the 15% off code runs until the 30th.
    Primary Arms still has them at $299 and in stock, I just picked another one up this morning. C&H is listing them as backordered and at $289.

I mean there has to be a new version coming out for the prices to be getting this low.

User Tag List