Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Holosun HE509T for $399.99

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I mounted my 509t on my new MR920 yesterday. I had to grind a fraction of an inch off the heads of the cover plate screws to get them below the Holosun mounting plate (0.08" according to Richie at Shadow Systems, but I didn't measure it, just went trial and error). Unfortunately it sits higher than an RMR or 507 so I'm going to have to replace the stock sights with suppressor height. Otherwise there was no drama involved with the mounting and the dot was dead on at 20 yards out of the box.
    Good info thank you. I'm really looking hard at a Flat Dark Earth MR920 Elite so it is good to know that one can 'jimmy' it in there. If it came down to it I could mount my 509T on my Arisaka offset mount for my Recce rifle and get a 508T or even an RMR for the 920.

..I would love to have an Agency Arms AOS set up, at least at this point, but a stripped slide costs as much as the whole MR920! Daaaanng..

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Good info thank you. I'm really looking hard at a Flat Dark Earth MR920 Elite so it is good to know that one can 'jimmy' it in there. If it came down to it I could mount my 509T on my Arisaka offset mount for my Recce rifle and get a 508T or even an RMR for the 920.

..I would love to have an Agency Arms AOS set up, at least at this point, but a stripped slide costs as much as the whole MR920! Daaaanng..
    If you aren't going to direct mill, I'd probably suggest going with something other than the 509t to start with. You'll have a lot more options with something like the 508t since it uses a more standard footprint.

The 509t does work well as an offset though, I have two that I use for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    If you aren't going to direct mill, I'd probably suggest going with something other than the 509t to start with. You'll have a lot more options with something like the 508t since it uses a more standard footprint.

The 509t does work well as an offset though, I have two that I use for that role.
    Copy! If I get the MR920 I'll do just what you describe, time to look for a 508t just to have that option.

Just wondering if anyone who ordered from Dack Outdoors got the 509s they ordered. If I steered you all wrong, I apologize!

Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone who ordered from Dack Outdoors got the 509s they ordered. If I steered you all wrong, I apologize!
    Yes, I emailed them on the 30 day mark and was offered the option of a refund or maintain the order and they would refund shipping. I maintained the order. I received the 509T around day 45.

Aim Surplus has the 509T for $344 and they appear to be in stock. Shipping with insurance is not cheap at ~$22 to my doorstep.

https://aimsurplus.com/holosun-509t-rd-red-dot-sight/

Palmetto State looks to have 509’s at $349 with code “SUN” today.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    $329 at Kenzies and in stock.

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...red-dot-sight/

Site Supporter
    Last week I paid $420 at a local brick and mortar. When I tried to turn it on in the parking lot it would only run on solar. A bit miffed I went inside and asked if they would put in a new battery. They did and it still wouldn’t adjust. Dude then handed me a different one that I checked and made sure all the different modes worked and out the door I went.

After all that I was glad I ended up paying the brick and mortar tax for such an quick and easy product exchange. I would have been a lot more frustrated having to ship it back and wait etc.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List