Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

My Combat Focus class had a few good points, but was by far the most disappointing class I have taken. The main problem I had was the curriculum, which included some very “novel” approaches to self-defense and use of firearms. Starting every drill with a purposeful “flinch” and raising of the hands was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen in several 100’s of hours of training. Forcing everyone to reverse their mags to bullets backwards was also bizarre. It seemed like he was just trying to be different for no good reason. But, I’m actually glad I took the class. Good negative example.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I truly hope this is satire.
    No, not satire. I wanted to provide a counterpoint because I don't think "pile on" situations are productive.

Have you interacted with him in a classroom environment or are you basing your opinion on his web presence?

Site Supporter
    Presented for info: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ro...ground-checks/

Met Rob at Givens and he was a pleasant guy. Did a segment with one of his trainers there. Nothing special or breakthrough. Didn't train with him.

Is Rob Pincus anti-gun? Despite the click-bait title, I didn't watch the whole 48 minute video. But in the first minute or two he indicates that he's not anti-gun. If somebody else soldiered through the whole video, maybe they can post the cliff notes.

I don't plan on training with him, but he's well spoken with plenty of experience in front of a camera, so I think the 2A community could do much worse for a spokesman.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Rob's first answer in that TTAG piece is absolute straw man. To argue that there is no culture war being prosecuted because one side hasn't yet seriously proposed eliminating the Second Amendment (actually, they have and do frequently) and the other side doesn't want loaded machine guns in vending machines at elementary schools suggests the person making the argument is not a serious person. Or if he is, at best he's missing the point and at worst he's hiding the ball.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I think proponents of gun rights will have more success if we don't require purity tests to see if everyone measures up to our own personal view of the Second Amendment.

There's a tendency within the community to tear people down because they're not as skilled/well equipped/committed to the 2A as ourselves. It's easy pickings, especially with some of the nimrods in the broader community, but its ultimately self destructive.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I think proponents of gun rights will have more success if we don't require purity tests to see if everyone measures up to our own personal view of the Second Amendment.

There's a tendency within the community to tear people down because they're not as skilled/well equipped/committed to the 2A as ourselves. It's easy pickings, especially with some of the nimrods in the broader community, but its ultimately self destructive.
    I don't think people on PF are salty about Pincus not being pro-gun enough.

I think they just don't want a clown being seen our community's go-to spokesperson, and don't want a primadonna receiving any more limelight than deserved.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    As I watch the different strategies for achieving political goals evolve, I see some who are idealogically pure but who have given little thought about how to actually achieve those goals and others who are good tacticians but who have less than full commitment to the goal. We need to learn to balance the two.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    “There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
    Oscar Wilde

And just like that everyone is paying attention to Pincus.

EXACTLY.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    No, not satire. I wanted to provide a counterpoint because I don't think "pile on" situations are productive.

Have you interacted with him in a classroom environment or are you basing your opinion on his web presence?

Personal experience. Cory posted a thread I had started a number of years back. That states it all. I have nothing additional to add. I’m glad your experience was different from my own.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List