Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    A bit over a decade ago Rob was at a group dinner after a firearms exposition in Europe. Rob found himself seated with numerous industry people. Someone asked another person at the table about shooting people in the pelvis. Rob started pontificating, at which point the person who the question was directed at stopped Rob and said, "Wait a minute, Rob; exactly how many people have you shot in the pelvis? I've shot five or six." That person was a veteran of a Special Operations Unit who was part of the Battle of The Black Sea in Somalia--made famous by the movie Blackhawk Down.
    I would pay whatever Rob charges for a weekend class--so long as he's not the beneficiary--to watch his smug face change as this happened.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

There is a personality type, that achieves a small measure of "fame", realizes that they crave that fame like a junkie craves heroin or a human craves air to breath or food to eat or in other cases $$$, and will do whatever their mind tells them will prolong or continue or escalate their media fame. Fading fame, to them, is a dire death. Relevance feeds them.

A.) We live in a (social media) world where large (ignorant) groups will give fame (as a fan boy) to people with little or no real chops if they look cool and say things that appeal to them.

Life is easier once we accept that true idiots can and will at times have a herd following.

B.) Others ( a small %) actually look intently for real world info to further their own efforts. It's hard at times to be in the latter group but overall much more productive in end result.

People in the B group should (IMO) resist the urge to get wound up over the A group's actions, and continue in the personal satisfaction the B mentality brings us.

Don't let them rent space in your head, tho it's a chore at times

CMMG just released this statement.

CMMG does not agree with, support nor condone the position of Rob Pincus on Expanded Background Checks. CMMG in no way sponsors Rob Pincus or his training business, Personal Defense Network. The email sent on April 6 was part of a pre-existing cross-promotion arrangement. We were unaware of Rob's recent stance on the expansion of background checks at the time the email was sent and had we known, we would not have distributed it. We are ceasing any further cross-promotion with Personal Defense Network, as these values do not align with those of our company. CMMG has a long history of unrelenting support of the Second Amendment and we do not support any infringement on those rights, including the expansion of background checks.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    There is a personality type, that achieves a small measure of "fame", realizes that they crave that fame like a junkie craves heroin or a human craves air to breath or food to eat or in other cases $$$, and will do whatever their mind tells them will prolong or continue or escalate their media fame. Fading fame, to them, is a dire death. Relevance feeds them.
    This is a good point. Another thing to keep in mind is that this could be a form of guerilla marketing and a great way for Rob to get his name out their to people who are not familiar with him. People who have never heard of him will google him, find his products and buy them. Thus he could greatly increase the amount of things he sells online.

CMMG does not agree with, support nor condone the position of Rob Pincus on Expanded Background Checks. CMMG in no way sponsors Rob Pincus or his training business, Personal Defense Network. The email sent on April 6 was part of a pre-existing cross-promotion arrangement. We were unaware of Rob's recent stance on the expansion of background checks at the time the email was sent and had we known, we would not have distributed it. We are ceasing any further cross-promotion with Personal Defense Network, as these values do not align with those of our company. CMMG has a long history of unrelenting support of the Second Amendment and we do not support any infringement on those rights, including the expansion of background checks.

I'd feel a little more supportive of CMMG if they: 1) didn't charge so much for their shit; 2) could actually point me to the specific place where he (Pincus) said that he was for expanded background checks. I say this largely because I wasted a portion of my life listening to that chubby moron in his mom's basement and Pincus discussing the issue and I surely didn't hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post

I'd feel a little more supportive of CMMG if they: 1) didn't charge so much for their shit; 2) could actually point me to the specific place where he (Pincus) said that he was for expanded background checks. I say this largely because I wasted a portion of my life listening to that chubby moron in his mom's basement and Pincus discussing the issue and I surely didn't hear that.
    Pincus is pretty open about his stance on background checks if you search for it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Pincus is pretty open about his stance on background checks if you search for it.
    Unless you can point me to a source, I'm not going down that rabbit hole - I made the mistake of taking CMMG's invite to log into the PDN, took me several unsubscribe attempts to finally get unsubscribed. At the time I didn't even know that was RP's gig, all I know is I was inundated with emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Unless you can point me to a source, I'm not going down that rabbit hole - I made the mistake of taking CMMG's invite to log into the PDN, took me several unsubscribe attempts to finally get unsubscribed. At the time I didn't even know that was RP's gig, all I know is I was inundated with emails.
    "We believe any expansion of the Background Check requirement should be focused on transfers to strangers. Sure, there are some important details to work out around exceptions such as specific definitions of “strangers,” and exceptions that would make it impossible for the government to compile a comprehensive list of gun owners; but we are confident that there are solutions that can make a huge impact if we stick to the principle and message of only keeping guns from the people we all agree shouldn’t have them.

…we believe the public face of any policy push should, as entirely as possible, be focused on background checks."

Rob Pincus
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ro...ground-checks/

User Tag List