Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    We did that drill, one at a time. I found it to be the most valuable part of the class (and there were few of those). I didn’t shoot it blind, and was able to put 13 rounds of .40 on target from my USPc while running. Fast. Nearly 20 years ago, that was a big eye opener for me, and taught me that it’s possible to shoot dynamically and effectively. Gabe White teaches this far better of course. But I give Pincus credit for showing it to me first.
    A few years ago, a pedophile suspect quickly shot and wounded two pursuing Kitsap County deputies in a Walmart parking lot in Port Orchard, WA, using this exact method - running away and shooting behind him. I tried it out using a Glock 19 airsoft pistol and I was surprised at how many rounds I was able to put on target. The gun moved so much that I couldn't use the sights so I just used the sihouette of the pistol as my "sight".

The pedophile suspect was engaged and shot by another deputy, which shattered his femur and he collapsed to the pavement. His underage girlfriend, that ran away from home in Utah to be with him, ran up to him as he lay on the pavement. He shot her once in the chest, killing her then he turned the gun on himself.

The entire incident was recorded by Walmart security cameras and released by Washington State Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    What distance was the drill started at, and finished?
    If I remember correctly (long time ago), the drill started at point blank distance. It ended at slidelock,however far you got after a mag dump. My guess is 7 yds?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    One 'drill' I remember had us start with our pistol out and up, the pistol pointing downrange at the paper target, and - at the signal - to start shooting and then to turn 180 degrees, uprange, and, facing uprange, to run full-speed uprange as we continued to shoot behind us, downrange, completely blind, at the target. (Yes, this really happened. No, I am not making this up.)

A 'drill' like that might tend to open up the groups a little.
    Huh?

Was this done one student at a time? It seems like if you did the whole line at once it would be impossible for someone not to get shot.

Even done singly, it seems manifestly unsafe and doing that for reals would be indefensible.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Huh?

Was this done one student at a time? It seems like if you did the whole line at once it would be impossible for someone not to get shot.

Even done singly, it seems manifestly unsafe and doing that for reals would be indefensible.
    Nevermind. Should have read before I outraged.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

What surprises me, after watching the video in it's entirety, is that over two hundred thousand people subscribe to the doofus asking the questions video channel.

In further news, I don't think RP is anti-gun, rather I think the points of view he expressed are too nuanced for many folks.

As far as his training, I don't have any experiences to render an opinion.

Since this thread has evolved (devolved?) into funny stories about Rob Pincus, lets not forget this gem from several years ago:

Skip ahead to 1:50 for the truly ludicrous part. Watch til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Does Pincus' reasonable restrictions on gun possession include removing gun rights from stalkers?
    How'd stalking play into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    How'd stalking play into this?
    Well, for one, since my daughter has had two stalkers while away at college, it is a topic near and dear to my heart. I'm just really concerned about prohibited persons. In a non-libelous manner.

Some people make the lefts job so easy.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Well, for one, since my daughter has had two stalkers while away at college, it is a topic near and dear to my heart. I'm just really concerned about prohibited persons. In a non-libelous manner.
    That’s terrible and I hope she stays safe. Do you think being a prohibited person on paper would effectively disable the sort of person you’re worried about—the sort of person who might purposefully plan surveillance (and perhaps kidnapping) in order to facilitate a violent crime?

User Tag List