Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    He has been discussed at length here.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....en-it-goes-bad
    I remember that thread. I used it as guidance who to train with, and who to not train with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I remember that thread. I used it as guidance who to train with, and who to not train with.
    That target is a terrible back drop for any sort of pistol instructor!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    He's pointing at the wrong part of the gun to fix the problems on that target behind him...I look at that target and hear Clint Smith...

Name:  B1C235C5-67C0-4538-BB75-A73F249EFA77.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  48.3 KB

--

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Not if you don't want any customers...

Elsewhere someone referred to him as a "quisling" as far as the second amendment is concerned. I could not think of a better word.

I have noticed that for a while he has been active in the movement that is trying to unseat or replace the NRA leadership. There is nothing wrong with that of itself, but I get the impression that Pincus is doing it as a means of maneuvering himself into a position of power within the NRA or within the organization seeking to reform it. I don't think any of us want his style of gun advocacy at the helm of the NRA. It is not that he cares about gun rights, but rather he is trying to use it as a vehicle to himself into a high ranked influential position. He is all about self promotion, when he does not have the desirable outlook, background, or skills for the positions that he is trying to weasel himself into. If you lived someplace that had a homeowner's association, Rob Pincus would be working hard to become the president.

Pincus was also running the shooting program at a now defunct high end firearms training resort in Colorado called Valhalla Lodge. One catch--the lodge did not allow guests to possess firearms on the property or in their rooms. So when they arrived they had to check them in at the resort and had them brought to them to the shooting range. Somehow that sounds like exactly the type of thing Pincus would be involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Elsewhere someone referred to him as a "quisling" as far as the second amendment is concerned. I could not think of a better word.

I have noticed that for a while he has been active in the movement that is trying to unseat or replace the NRA leadership. There is nothing wrong with that of itself, but I get the impression that Pincus is doing it as a means of maneuvering himself into a position of power within the NRA or within the organization seeking to reform it. I don't think any of us want his style of gun advocacy at the helm of the NRA. It is not that he cares about gun rights, but rather he is trying to use it as a vehicle to himself into a high ranked influential position. He is all about self promotion, when he does not have the desirable outlook, background, or skills for the positions that he is trying to weasel himself into. If you lived someplace that had a homeowner's association, Rob Pincus would be working hard to become the president.

Pincus was also running the shooting program at a now defunct high end firearms training resort in Colorado called Valhalla Lodge. One catch--the lodge did not allow guests to possess firearms on the property or in their rooms. So when they arrived they had to check them in at the resort and had them brought to them to the shooting range. Somehow that sounds like exactly the type of thing Pincus would be involved in.
    It's a small world, and it's an even smaller world when you attend Norwich University, a military college....

...and what you just wrote matches up with what people who went to school with him have told me about his personality re: quisling, weasel, self-promotion, etc.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

One 'drill' I remember had us start with our pistol out and up, the pistol pointing downrange at the paper target, and - at the signal - to start shooting and then to turn 180 degrees, uprange, and, facing uprange, to run full-speed uprange as we continued to shoot behind us, downrange, completely blind, at the target. (Yes, this really happened. No, I am not making this up.)

A 'drill' like that might tend to open up the groups a little.

At Project Appleseed events, we always begin the day's shooting with the redcoat target, and have shooters try to put three rounds into each of a series of decreasingly-sized targets. This is to measure where the students are starting from. At the end of the day, they shoot the same course of fire again. There are multiple reasons for this practice, but one of them is simply to say that we believe in our instruction, and we want to objectively put it to the test for our students. The improvement, generally, is remarkable.

I wouldn't want the first set of targets to be taken as representative of Appleseed marksmanship instruction. That wouldn't be reasonable or fair, would it?

I wonder what we know about the story of that target behind Pincus.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post

This.

I still recall quite vividly my interactions with him at that class nearly 2 years ago. Thinking back now, the entire incident still makes me cringe. I hope that young lady he brought to tears that day (literally) found additional instruction and has continued her journey.

“Pincus” seems to be all about “Pincus” no matter what the subject.

My signature line below has stayed with me since that review post...
    Last edited by entropy; 04-03-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    One 'drill' I remember had us start with our pistol out and up, the pistol pointing downrange at the paper target, and - at the signal - to start shooting and then to turn 180 degrees, uprange, and, facing uprange, to run full-speed uprange as we continued to shoot behind us, downrange, completely blind, at the target. (Yes, this really happened. No, I am not making this up.)

A 'drill' like that might tend to open up the groups a little.
    That sounds like a recipe for students shooting each other because not everyone runs at the same speed. In what world would that be considered to be even vaguely safe?

User Tag List