Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

What a train wreck. That interviewer was terrible, and RP, while capable of being well spoken, stumbled into all sorts of self-created bear traps.

No one came out of this looking good.

Site Supporter
    How does the kettle ball interaction go with AIWB?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Since this thread has evolved (devolved?) into funny stories about Rob Pincus, lets not forget this gem from several years ago:

Skip ahead to 1:50 for the truly ludicrous part. Watch til the end.
    Shirley you can't be ser...

Woah. Now that you posted it, I remember that video...holy moley. I am neither high enough speed nor low enough drag to do any of those things. I need to get back to Dry Practice anyway. Thanks for the laugh.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Since this thread has evolved (devolved?) into funny stories about Rob Pincus, lets not forget this gem from several years ago:

Skip ahead to 1:50 for the truly ludicrous part. Watch til the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Shirley you can't be ser...

Woah. Now that you posted it, I remember that video...holy moley. I am neither high enough speed nor low enough drag to do any of those things. I need to get back to Dry Practice anyway. Thanks for the laugh.
    The wort part of that video is, if I recall correctly, is that it wasn't even an original concept. This came out around the time Pat Mac was getting positive attention for his crossfit-ish shooting drill. Videos. This was just Pincushion trying to rip off a bit of someone else's success.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The wort part of that video is, if I recall correctly, is that it wasn't even an original concept. This came out around the time Pat Mac was getting positive attention for his crossfit-ish shooting drill. Videos. This was just Pincushion trying to rip off a bit of someone else's success.
    Because When I think of Mac, Pincus is the next name that pops into my head......

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Because When I think of Mac, Pincus is the next name that pops into my head......
    I mean, McNamara may fail some gun rights purity tests, too: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Comedy-Central

Not that he needs my defense, but Mac had a podcast or something similar where he discussed how CC used some "creative" editing on that show, which he had no control over. He discussed it a bit in a class I took from him as well. Not sure if the same happened with the subject of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I mean, McNamara may fail some gun rights purity tests, too: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Comedy-Central
    The video link is dead. And all I get from that thread was VoodooMan being his normal dick self.

But I looked up "PatMacGate" and basically got that Comedy Central edited the shit out of him.

And frankly, for what it's worth, I think Pincus is an egotistic prat, but someone upthread said that the points he was making were nuanced and a lot of dumb people don't get the nuance, and I think that's a hot take of truth. Pincus is just catching fire, here, because his comments were taken out of context. And because he told that dude from Fenix Ammunition he was acting like a douchenozzle; and frankly that Fenix Ammo dude IS acting like a douchenozzle.

I am loathe to defend Pincus - but then I was/am loathed to have to think Ollie North is more than just someone who committed treason in the '80s. But I can't ignore that North was actually trying to fix the NRA and oust LaPierre, and I can't ignore that Pincus is right about some things.

My point being, some folks need to grow up and not hold past mistakes against folks today. As someone who has had to grow up...it ain't fun. And for the record. I'm all for walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Rob Pincus walks like an asshole, talks like an asshole, and is an asshole. But I don't actually think he is anti-gun. Nor do I think Pat MacNamara is anti-gun, either.

Too many people are ready to crucify one another as non-believers at the drop of a hat. The other side has been working on divide and conquer for decades and it's working. If we want to establish an "Us vs. Them" mentality, let's get the parties sorted out:

Citizens (Us) vs. Politicians (Them)

If Pincus is doing lobbying on behalf of Brady; hang him high. If all he is doing is pointing out we're subdividing ourselves to our own detriment* then...he must be a witch?!

*When people get mad at me, for pointing out the nuance of something, and suggesting some kind of solution, Mrs. RR says, "Don't make sense. People don't like it when you make sense." She is right: People don't like sense, they like emotion. Emotion is easier to deal with than logic.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-04-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Not that he needs my defense, but Mac had a podcast or something similar where he discussed how CC used some "creative" editing on that show, which he had no control over. He discussed it a bit in a class I took from him as well. Not sure if the same happened with the subject of this thread.
    Some of it was, sure. But the fact remains that he straight up stated that he supported waiting periods (with confirmation on social media), which for some is anathema, and conceding to the enemy. My point was more that for some, even McNamara would fail a purity test, because by definition purity tests cannot do nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Some of it was, sure. But the fact remains that he straight up stated that he supported waiting periods (with confirmation on social media), which for some is anathema, and conceding to the enemy. My point was more that for some, even McNamara would fail a purity test, because by definition purity tests cannot do nuance.
    Pat was on a P&S podcast shortly after this where he talked about his stances. I don't remember him being outright in favor of waiting periods. He seemed like he was trying to show 2A in a good light, and wanted an informed person rather than a dolt doing the CC bit. Then he was edited out of context. While I'm not totallt sure of his stances, watching him discuss it long form on video is likely a better idea of his thoughts than an edited comedy central skit, or a short FB post.

User Tag List