Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this improper way to conceal carry?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    In my libertarian fantasy world, OC guns are as common as dog turds and about as interesting.

In the real world, that's a good way to get your gun snatched.

@Mystery

I think what you'll find is that most proponents of open carry in suburban/urban locales will give very little reason other than "It's muh rightz!" for why they're doing it. A common point made beyond that is that a visible firearm is a deterrent to crime.

I think what you'll also find is that any cop who has been assaulted while wearing a firearm is evidence that such a theory is completely bogus, and that people who open carry are routinely targeted by criminals specifically because they have an easily accessible gun which is hard to defend.....regardless of how much "I'm a sheepdog and am ALWAYS alert to my surroundings!" they spout.

Personally what I have noticed is that the amount of legitimate training and real world experience with carrying/using a gun is inversely proportional to people who advocate open carry. And, if someone is convinced to do it, they're very often using a 1) low quality cheap holster, 2) a holster with no active retention device, and 3) dress like bums. If anyone is ever convinced to do it, it should only ever be done under the stipulation of using a quality duty holster with active retention and not looking like someone who should be shot if they have a gun in their hands. However, most people who OC seem to be doing it because they have neither the money or motivation to dress well, buy quality equipment, or get legitimate training.

These are my observations, YMMV. Totally different story if we're talking about people in the backwoods, on the ranch, etc where openly carrying a firearm for defense from animals is quite normal.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Not sure if there's a holster either.
    There is - I see one of the holster's clips just above and to the left of the little [Wrangler?] logo tag on the jeans. I monkeyed with the brightness of the image in that area to make it more visible. Of course, that doesn't make him not an idiot, but at least he's not going holsterless...

Name:  guns of walmart.png
Views: 282
Size:  51.2 KB

Yes, it is improper.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I have personally worked at least 6 cases were OC individuals were targeted and robbed for their firearm. Only one was a "gun snatch" event. All of the others were people who brought their own gun to rob the OC person of their gun. Most also brought friends with guns. I am aware of many others.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Here’s just a few open carriers getting their guns yoinked on Active Self Protection. While it might be legal, it’s obviously not too smart.

In this first one robber actually produces his own gun when the grabee tries to get his gun back

im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Radcliffe, Kentucky. 2016.

No shit there I was, in Wal-Mart getting sundries to get me through some TDY at Ft Knox. When out of nowhere an older obese woman in a bath robe and pajamas and flip flops zipped past me on a store-use Wal Mart electric mobility cart.
    Not far behind her, there he was. The Sheepdog of Radcliffe. Going fully grey man in his filthy sweatpants and Crocs, it was only be virtue of being a fellow sheepdog that I noticed his 7.5in barreled Ruger Blackhawk dangling around in his value-minded zero retention Uncle Mike's clip on OWB holster as he shuffled after the woman. His open flanel shirt and short tank top exposing his prodigious belly ensured that untrained eyes were drawn away from the weapon.

'BUT MA, I DON'T LIKE THAT SHIT, I WANT FROSTED FLAKES INSTEAD' he bellowed at the woman as she zipped down the aisle past me. With my own practiced grey man appearance, the sheepdog casually shuffled past me and I smiled as he walked by, knowing that he'd recognized me as a fellow sheepdog he trusted me to keep my hands to myself as his openly exposed weapon with zero retention spent at least 3 full seconds in my arm's reach. It appeared to be a .357 Magnum model, a fine weapon indeed.

(note - this is a satirical account of something that actually happened)

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Radcliffe, Kentucky. 2016.

No shit there I was, in Wal-Mart getting sundries to get me through some TDY at Ft Knox. When out of nowhere an older obese woman in a bath robe and pajamas and flip flops zipped past me on a store-use Wal Mart electric mobility cart.
    Not far behind her, there he was. The Sheepdog of Radcliffe. Going fully grey man in his filthy sweatpants and Crocs, it was only be virtue of being a fellow sheepdog that I noticed his 7.5in barreled Ruger Blackhawk dangling around in his value-minded zero retention Uncle Mike's clip on OWB holster as he shuffled after the woman. His open flanel shirt and short tank top exposing his prodigious belly ensured that untrained eyes were drawn away from the weapon.

'BUT MA, I DON'T LIKE THAT SHIT, I WANT FROSTED FLAKES INSTEAD' he bellowed at the woman as she zipped down the aisle past me. With my own practiced grey man appearance, the sheepdog casually shuffled past me and I smiled as he walked by, knowing that he'd recognized me as a fellow sheepdog he trusted me to keep my hands to myself as his openly exposed weapon with zero retention spent at least 3 full seconds in my arm's reach. It appeared to be a .357 Magnum model, a fine weapon indeed.

Here in my area, the biggest stop-n-rob franchise is QuikTrip. QT gives cops frees drinks, so you can guess were we'd take most of our breaks on the dogwatch. QT was always a great place to people watch, especially in the middle of the night. Pajama pants and flip flops seemed to be the required QT dress, regardless of the weather. Our state has had constitutional carry for a number of years, combine that with open carry being legalized by the city and you get all sorts of "People of QT" packing heat. I remember the fist time we were partaking of a gratis beverage and one of them walked by. I commented, "Look at that fuckwad with that his gat in a damned nylon sausage sack holster." My fellow troops seemed to find that greatly amusing. Forever after it was, "nylon sausage sack holster" this and "nylon sausage sack holster" that. "Hey, I need a new off duty holster." "Well bro, don't get a nylon sausage sack, 224 will kick your ass!"

Children, I worked with children.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

But did you die?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That's the highly operational "openly concealed carry". It allows the grey man to dominate the tactical space by applying a force multiplier, ie., the avoidance of a hyper layered garment envelope.

If you were switched on and dialed in you'd know that.
    Well done. That merits a slow golf clap.

User Tag List