Thread: Anybody watching Chauvin trial?

Anybody watching Chauvin trial?

I've been home sick from work for the past few days. Thus I've been watching more TV than usual. Have caused several hours of this mess

Every now and then I think being a lawyer would be cool. That I watch something like this and am glad I chose a different Profession.

Want to see what our legal experts on this forum have to say about the trial so far.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Watching everyday. The last trial I watched was OJ Simpson. I'm curious how this will turn out and what is presented. Especially stuff that has not made it and maybe will never make it to mainstream media.

I haven't watched any of it. I figure it's a done deal, they'll find him guilty. it would make too many mad to find not guilty.

No.

Chauvin is guilty, He will be convicted. The Mob has decided.

Anything less than 1st degree * murder, there will be violence. To be honest, I hope not, but my expectation is that MSP will burn, no matter what.

* I’m not familiar with what charges Ofc. Chauvin has been accused of, but from what I gather it’s a range of severity.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No.

Anything less than 1st degree * murder, there will be violence. To be honest, I hope not, but my expectation is that MSP will burn, no matter what.

* I’m not familiar with what charges Ofc. Chauvin has been accused of, but from what I gather it’s a range of severity.
    There'll probably be violence if he's convicted too. Not due to people who don't like the verdict and think he's innocent; I mean the celebratory sort of rioting, looting and violence you sometimes see when sports teams win championships.

I generally don't watch anymore and I've not been watching this one. I've basically lost faith in our legal system when it comes to criminal matters. My impression is that prosecutors simply take cases based solely on whether they think they can win instead of rendering justice and holding to their oath and if it turns out justice is rendered, then that's just icing on the cake to them. That padding their resume is their objective.

Last one I watched was the George Zimmerman trial or a local trial to me where a pharmacist was convicted of murdering a robber in his pharmacy. I can't remember which was first.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No.

IIRC, 2nd Degree Murder, 3rd Degree Murder, 2nd Degree Manslaughter.

User Tag List