Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What about an Undershirt?

With a lot of holsters having loop Velcro on the back these days, a piece of iron-on Velcro (or stitched-on if you’ve got the ability) on the hem of your shirt can lock it to your holster. This is especially handy for training classes and practice sessions that involve lots of draws.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Key is getting a long enough shirt. I used to wear medium undershirts but switched to large to get sleeves that don’t bunch up in my pits, and the extra length doesn’t hurt as far as staying tucked. I prefer fruit of the loom based on experience so far. I wear a-shirts/wifebeaters under polos or t-shirts when those are my cover garment.

I personally can’t carry without one. I just got the COVID vaccine and just for a quick and easy concealment solution, I tucked my undershirt in over my gun so it was hidden “good enough” when I had to unbutton my button up to get the shot. It was miserable for the short time it took to get in and out. No, the VCD grips didn’t help. But I just hate the feeling of whatever material the gun is made of sticking to my skin. It’s only worse in hot weather.

ETA: the yoga block wedge on my holster does help keep the shirt tucked. In fact, untucking it without removing the holster is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I wear cotton undershirts. Tuck them into your underwear. I know it looks totally geeky, but I found that it works.
    This X1000. I use plane Jane Hanes wife beaters. Tuck'em into undies and they dont come up through normal use. Now if I'm working my draw stroke, eventually they will wiggle up. But EDC stuff, even working out and such... no issues.

I like the ribbed cotton tank tops as an undershirt when it’s a bit cold out. But they’re too hot for me during Texas summers. I just got these rayon undershirts:

https://www.amazon.com/David-Archy-B...7763244&sr=8-6

It’s not hot enough yet here in Texas to see how well they’ll do, but I hope they’ll work out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    You all helped with pant option. What do you think about undershirts? I struggle with undershirts cumming untucked and bunching up untucking. Is there anything out there more like a compression shirt that is long? I’m 6’5”... thx...
    What do I think about undershirts? Never wore one. Personally I think it is too bulky don’t like the feel. I also like not thinking about all the intricacies that come with undershirts.

Do you need to wear a undershirt? Try without for awhile, just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    What do I think about undershirts? Never wore one. Personally I think it is too bulky don’t like the feel. I also like not thinking about all the intricacies that come with undershirts.

You must live where it's warm.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You must live where it's warm.
    And/or not have any chest/body hair...trying to draw with any kind of urgency can be painful without an undershirt

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post

I’ve tried it many times, but I don’t like my skin’s sweat dripping onto the grip and holster. It gets very hot and humid here in Texas.

https://www.rangerjoes.com/T-Shirt-Coolmax-P2598.aspx

I've worn these Coolmax t-shirts in tan under my armor and tan uniforms. Kept using them when I moved to CID and dress shirts. Feel like cotton but has some kind of moisture wicking properties and no funk. Works well so far.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    https://www.rangerjoes.com/T-Shirt-Coolmax-P2598.aspx

I've worn these Coolmax t-shirts in tan under my armor and tan uniforms. Kept using them when I moved to CID and dress shirts. Feel like cotton but has some kind of moisture wicking properties and no funk. Works well so far.
    I have a couple of those Coolmax tank tops and like them. I also have these bamboo rayon shirts that work really well, too:

https://davidarchy.com/collections/m...nk-tops-3-pack

User Tag List