Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about an Undershirt?

What about an Undershirt?

You all helped with pant option. What do you think about undershirts? I struggle with undershirts cumming untucked and bunching up untucking. Is there anything out there more like a compression shirt that is long? I’m 6’5”... thx...

I recommend shirt stays.

If you need it today your local Men's Warehouse should have it:
    https://www.menswearhouse.com/p/mens...-garter-854502 (sock dependent)

Not sock dependent:
    https://www.amazon.com/NV-Holders-S-...dp/B0797XX84X/
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    You all helped with pant option. What do you think about undershirts? I struggle with undershirts cumming untucked and bunching up untucking. Is there anything out there more like a compression shirt that is long? I’m 6’5”... thx...
    I like these...work great under t-shirts etc. You'll have to check length, but mine don't ride up.

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-.../dp/B086DLVTDJ
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I wear cotton undershirts. Tuck them into your underwear. I know it looks totally geeky, but I found that it works.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    FWIW
    I live in the KCMO area and wear an undershirt of some sort almost all of the time. I am 6'3'' at 202 right now so I am somewhat sensitive to shirts riding up.

With a collared dress shirts and a tie, I like the all cotton offerings from Costco -their Kirkland brand. For collared shirts with no tie, I go between cotton v-neck t- shirts and random colored logo t shirts depending on the color of the collared shirt

With a logoed t shirt etc, I have used cotton /poly tank tops C9 brand from Target with much success. I rarely go with just a t-shirt and no undershirt.

With all, no abrasion to the skin and some sweat absorption which is key for dress shirt preservation in the summer here where we can have 80/80+ days (80 temp and or 80% humidity, May -Sept.)

I personally do not like the feel of the compression shirt. They are all poly and really hold stink unless you wash them in oxy clean. Having said that, them definitely provide abrasion protection and smooth everything out a bit to include love handles etc.
    While I am sure that Under Armor is a fine brand, I have found that in all manner of poly based wicking/compression offerings, Target, WalMart, Amazon. etc sell store brands that provide 70-100% of the performance at 30-50% of the price all day long.

I know more than one pistolero that tucks their compression shirt into their underwear as opposed to over their underwear to keep everything "all tucked in." if the cover garment rides up a bit, you can be in the position of telling the word you wear Calvin Klein, Marty.

Tell us what you end up doing in the end.

YMMV greatly

Edited to add: if you in fact have an extra long torso finding something that fits would be paramount and I would note that UA does sell Tall offerings. Thx Blues for the update on those.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 04-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Well, in defense of the UA, I bought six of 'em for under $15 each when I purchased...and the sleeveless versions don't hold stink. And being sleeveless, are not encumbered by the type of shirt they ride under.

YMMV, but they should not be thrown under the bus imho.

ETA: I don't wear dress clothing on any sort of regular basis...so take that into consideration, since I don't have to worry about it showing under a white shirt.
    Last edited by blues; 04-01-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Fruit of the Loom Men's Stay Tucked V-Neck T-Shirt. They come in XLT. I'm 6'6" and have no problem with them coming untucked.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Mr Davis

You get what you pay for.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I wear cotton undershirts. Tuck them into your underwear. I know it looks totally geeky, but I found that it works.
    When wearing a suit or dress clothes I do the same thing. Wearing cargo pants and using a rigger's belt or similar, I have found that I don't need to tuck it in my chonies.

Undershirt of choice is Hanes cotton, one size smaller I would normally wear. After they go through the dryer, they fight tight but are cool in hot weather.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I am most comfortable using a loose-ish triblend t shirt as my undershirt with casual concealment shirts; they also do a decent job of concealing by themselves if it's frigging hot.

I wear a medium undershirt with dress shirts (typically Duluth Trading) but a large triblend.

Most of mine are printed (I make my own on sites like CustomInk, for example), but here's a US-made source:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Mens-Short-...642668&sr=8-43

User Tag List