Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-150 offered as a convertible

My youth pastor had an International Scout with removable hard top, and often drove it that way- usually blasting Huey Lewis & the News tunes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I'm hoping the new Bronco isn't shit to drive, like the Wrangler, so, I'd likely consider a topless F150.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I remember the Dakota, as we had a kid who worked for us, whose dad owned one. Ford should have put a roll bar in the image.
    The truck looked nice, but I seem to remember Dakota's at least back then, having ball joint issues. Figured the bed should have a "light bar" but with a wire mesh insert, to keep bed stuff, in the bed.
    As practical for a truck as the number of those who buy a truck and never use it as such. (large trunk for golf clubs anyone)

As always, if Ford did this, it would be just another price bump as every option becomes ($100K truck, becomes $120K). That would be a strong killer. Then you have all the modern heat/ac options that are also in the seats, that would not work as effectively.

I have kept my eyes open for years, for a Dakota convertible, as I always thought it would be a fun lumberwagon (woodworker), or fine as the light duty (run the mower over to someone's house when out of town) hauler. Plus I am cheap (never bought a new vehicle, no plans to).

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    $100K truck, becomes $120K
    By the gods and little fishes, I sure hope that's hyperbole.

I can justify mutiple Roland Specials and other nutty gun projects to myself, but new truck prices leave me flabbergasted.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    By the gods and little fishes, I sure hope that's hyperbole.

I can justify mutiple Roland Specials and other nutty gun projects to myself, but new truck prices leave me flabbergasted.
    New truck prices, by those I know who have been shopping, $70 to $100K. Those I know that would want the option, are the type that have to have it fully loaded.
    Then there are others I know that could easily afford that, and most of them wouldn't spend that kind of money.

User Tag List