Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think the defense attorney is doing a pretty good job. There's only so much you can do on cross-- I believe he's saving a lot for his case in chief.

And, FWIW, I'm of the opinion that there's a good chance Floyd would have died on his stomach whether Chauvin was on him or not.
    And would he have been prone without Chauvin on him? My guess is NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Since it’s the internet, I’ll just chime in and say that I agree with you. Chauvin being a bit of an abomination as a law enforcement officer, and still not being responsible for Floyd’s death are hardly exclusive situations. I suspect that Floyd might have stopped breathing in the Mercedes SUV down the road, or sitting on the can later, or in a Denny’s, or wherever. I suppose we will see, as was noted above, how the battle of expert witnesses pans out.
    Why would he have stopped breathing? He was past the peak onset of the opioids he had taken. Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    And would he have been prone without Chauvin on him? My guess is NO.
    Guess all you want. I’ve got a video of a guy dying after being handcuffed and left in the prone position while in a state of excited delirium. It happens.

Why would he have stopped breathing? He was past the peak onset of the opioids he had taken. Serious question.
    Positional asphyxiation, which is aggravated by drug use, excited delirium, and violent struggles, among other things.

Do you have a source on that? My understanding is that the blood draw at the hospital the night of his death showed over the accepted lethal dose.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Do you have a source on that? My understanding is that the blood draw at the hospital the night of his death showed over the accepted lethal dose.
    No I don’t. But I know opioids. He had TOLERANCE. lethal for you and I yes. He was impaired from what I have seen of the trial but nowhere near comatose.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Guess all you want. I’ve got a video of a guy dying after being handcuffed and left in the prone position while in a state of excited delirium. It happens.

Positional asphyxiation, which is aggravated by drug use, excited delirium, and violent struggles, among other things.
    I was saying he would not have been prone on ground without police intervention.

Your second comment, towards what I asked of Totem, had nothing to do with struggling- that I know of. Read his comment.

No I don’t. But I know opioids. He had TOLERANCE. lethal for you and I yes. He was impaired from what I have seen of the trial but nowhere near comatose.
    There has been some speculation that the meth simultaneously in his system along with the fentanyl may have had something to do with his lack of comatoseness. I'm no expert on drug interactions, but it at least sounds plausible on the surface. There's also been some talk about him popping pills then and there so that the cops wouldn't find them. If that was the case, it would be easy to believe that the fatal dose was just "coming online," so to speak, as Chauvin was kneeling on him. What's true, I don't know, but it seems to me that there's a lot of room for doubt for those of us not in possession of all of the data.

According to testimony during the trial, Floyd had been clean for a few weeks before his death, which would have affected his tolerance. You’re also ignoring the fact that he had methamphetamine in his system as well. Meth + fentanyl + fighting with the police = not a good mix.

I was saying he would not have been prone on ground without police intervention.
    And there would have been no police intervention if he hadn’t broken the law. Not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    There has been some speculation that the meth simultaneously in his system along with the fentanyl may have had something to do with his lack of comatoseness. I'm no expert on drug interactions, but it at least sounds plausible on the surface. There's also been some talk about him popping pills then and there so that the cops wouldn't find them. If that was the case, it would be easy to believe that the fatal dose was just "coming online," so to speak, as Chauvin was kneeling on him. What's true, I don't know, but it seems to me that there's a lot of room for doubt for those of us not in possession of all of the data.
    It’s not been reported in the media much, but they found chewed up pills, and one complete pill, in the back of the police car that put Floyd in, that tested positive for fentanyl and meth— they also had Floyd’s DNA on them.

One of the state’s witnesses also testified that Floyd was foaming at the mouth while he was being restrained on the ground, which is a sign of a fentanyl overdose.

Site Supporter
    Many years ago, when I had less than a year on the streets, I dealt with a suspicious person. It was HOT, and the guy was clearly a meth head. He was sweating in a way I have never seen someone sweat before. Like the water was all beaded upon him like little goosebumps, all over his exposed torso. Ended up just taking him back to his fathers house, but he was out of it cognitive wise.

Does this story mean anything? Possibly no, but if he and I had fought, how would his body have responded? Drugs and abuse of the body, especially over time, have a cumulative effect that cannot always be replicated in a laboratory. Each person can respond differently to a given set of parameters.

However, we know that what Floyd was doing to his body is a recipe for disaster, and that combined with his long term abuse of his body and other health issues make this far from "black and white", no pun intended.

User Tag List