Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

22.5 years
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I’ll be surprised if that conviction doesn’t get tossed. Then we’ll have to do it all over again.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    A stripper with a bad salad in her probably would have given a better shit show than that trial.

Site Supporter
    The officer in question is still a fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    The officer in question is still a fucktard.
    Agreed. But even fucktards should be afforded due process and a fair trial. He wasn’t. You’ll never hear me defending what he did. From what I’ve read about him, he is a classic example of why I have a love/hate relationship with police unions.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    A stripper with a bad salad in her probably would have given a better shit show than that trial.
    This is sig line material, sir.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Agreed. But even fucktards should be afforded due process and a fair trial. He wasn’t. You’ll never hear me defending what he did. From what I’ve read about him, he is a classic example of why I have a love/hate relationship with police unions.
    The problem with police unions isn't the union or collective bargaining or even a LEO bill of rights. The problem is many police supervisors and internal affairs investigators just can't obey the rules or follow the law. Most cops are good guys and girls. If they have screwed up, they usually accept it, even if procedural mistakes in investigation or adjudication might get them out of trouble. Mangers and OIA types get sloppy.
    Chauvin had multiple citizen complaints during his career. In my former and current departments, that would have been unusual, but I don't know about Minneapolis. Complaints may roll in because a street gang realizes a cop is effective and complaints may sideline him or her to the station or bad luck. That said, in my experience, cops don't get a lot of complaints because they're busy or aggressive or hard-charging cops. They get complaints because they're jerks.
    I wonder how often Chauvin's supervisors didn't do their jobs.

If the video I saw was played in court that nailed Chauvin. Everyone in the country saw that video so how is it possible he gets a fair trial. Given a few more eye witness accounts and he's got no defense. He was probably lucky he only got 22 years. The fact is that he's going to prison and he won't live to serve his time.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The problem with police unions isn't the union or collective bargaining or even a LEO bill of rights. The problem is many police supervisors and internal affairs investigators just can't obey the rules or follow the law. Most cops are good guys and girls. If they have screwed up, they usually accept it, even if procedural mistakes in investigation or adjudication might get them out of trouble. Mangers and OIA types get sloppy.
    Chauvin had multiple citizen complaints during his career. In my former and current departments, that would have been unusual, but I don't know about Minneapolis. Complaints may roll in because a street gang realizes a cop is effective and complaints may sideline him or her to the station or bad luck. That said, in my experience, cops don't get a lot of complaints because they're busy or aggressive or hard-charging cops. They get complaints because they're jerks.
    I wonder how often Chauvin's supervisors didn't do their jobs.
    Must be nice to work in a.community that respects and supports police. That isn't the reality everywhere.

Where I work, not only do folks complain regularly about perfectly legitimate, even courteous police actions, but our Citizen Oversight agency will, when the bodycam video shows the officer acted properly, then go through every aspect of the call and report looking for ANYTHING to ding the officer. Didnt get the witnesses' email address and fill in the box? Didn't interview that 3rd person in the background on bodycam agreeing with your witnesses? Written reprimand at least. And Sergeant? Did you sign this incomplete/false police report? Days off.

Long winded way of saying that just because a 20 year cop has complaints in his file, doesn't mean he's the asshole the complainants made him out to be.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Must be nice to work in a.community that respects and supports police. That isn't the reality everywhere.

Where I work, not only do folks complain regularly about perfectly legitimate, even courteous police actions, but our Citizen Oversight agency will, when the bodycam video shows the officer acted properly, then go through every aspect of the call and report looking for ANYTHING to ding the officer. Didnt get the witnesses' email address and fill in the box? Didn't interview that 3rd person in the background on bodycam agreeing with your witnesses? Written reprimand at least. And Sergeant? Did you sign this incomplete/false police report? Days off.

Long winded way of saying that just because a 20 year cop has complaints in his file, doesn't mean he's the asshole the complainants made him out to be.
    Agree completely. The number of complaints Chauvin picked up seems excessive and likely would be where I work, but may be the normal business of policing in Minneapolis.

User Tag List