Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

But mob rule will never alter our system of justice...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Chauvin is requesting a new trial. I doubt that the outcome would be much different, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Chauvin is requesting a new trial. I doubt that the outcome would be much different, but there it is.
    There's honestly enough hinky nonsense with how things were run that made it pretty unfair.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's honestly enough hinky nonsense with how things were run that made it pretty unfair.

Site Supporter
    Wrong location
    Jury not sequestered for trial duration
    outside pressure directed at trial
    Juror with an axe to grind...and likely more than just one.
    Judge allowed multiple witnesses that provided minimal to no probative value.

Yeah...if this was an NFL game there would be lots of laundry on the field and the teams would be going backward 15 yds for 1st down.

They should put the re-trial in some far off Alaskan village.

Even a douche is entitled to a fair trial.

Unfortunately, the concepts of blind justice and innocent until proven guilty have gone the way of the dodo (in all too many cases).

Are there provisions in place to protect the anonymity of jurors in high profile trials like this? Is it possible that identities be sealed in court records and that they wear balaclavas or something to completely hide their faces? They obviously feel a great deal of pressure and even risk their own safety should they render the “wrong” verdict.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Are there provisions in place to protect the anonymity of jurors in high profile trials like this? Is it possible that identities be sealed in court records and that they wear balaclavas or something to completely hide their faces? They obviously feel a great deal of pressure and even risk their own safety should they render the “wrong” verdict.
    We are, sadly, at the point where such procedures are probably necessary to preserve the fairness of trials.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Are there provisions in place to protect the anonymity of jurors in high profile trials like this?
    There are. Given what the media reported about each juror, thumbnail sketch-wise (look at Branca's coverage), I'd they might well be identifiable.

Both jurors that have been ID'd in the media so far came forward on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    There are. Given what the media reported about each juror, thumbnail sketch-wise (look at Branca's coverage), I'd they might well be identifiable.

Both jurors that have been ID'd in the media so far came forward on their own.
    There's money in them thar hills.

User Tag List